On the week of 6/18, we (a family of 3 adults) will be traveling from Bern to Zweisimmen by train (have to switch train at Spiez), then we will take the GoldenPass Panoramic scenic train from Zweisimmen to Montreux, and then take the regular train to Lausanne. I have some questions concerning our luggage, which would be around 2-3 big bags and 2-3 carry-on bags. Do we need to check the luggage since we are going to take the GoldenPass scenic train? If so, how does it work? Does it work like the airport system, that we would check the luggage at the Bern station, and then claim them at the Lausanne train station? Are the bags guarded at the destination train station?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy
- 2 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 3 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 6 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 7 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Use of Train Tickets
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 13 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 14 First Trip to Paris
- 15 Andalucia Spain
- 16 Amsterdam and...?
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 22 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 23 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 24 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 25 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
A question about checked luggage from the Bern rail station to Lausanne