On the week of 6/18, we (a family of 3 adults) will be traveling from Bern to Zweisimmen by train (have to switch train at Spiez), then we will take the GoldenPass Panoramic scenic train from Zweisimmen to Montreux, and then take the regular train to Lausanne. I have some questions concerning our luggage, which would be around 2-3 big bags and 2-3 carry-on bags. Do we need to check the luggage since we are going to take the GoldenPass scenic train? If so, how does it work? Does it work like the airport system, that we would check the luggage at the Bern station, and then claim them at the Lausanne train station? Are the bags guarded at the destination train station?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO mail solutions CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 3 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 4 Scotland itinerary help
- 5 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 6 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 9 Edinbrugh
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 12 Swimming to Paris
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Istria in two days
- 17 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 18 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 Hiking in Switzerland
- 22 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 23 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 24 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 25 Belfast leading up to July 12
A question about checked luggage from the Bern rail station to Lausanne