On the week of 6/18, we (a family of 3 adults) will be traveling from Bern to Zweisimmen by train (have to switch train at Spiez), then we will take the GoldenPass Panoramic scenic train from Zweisimmen to Montreux, and then take the regular train to Lausanne. I have some questions concerning our luggage, which would be around 2-3 big bags and 2-3 carry-on bags. Do we need to check the luggage since we are going to take the GoldenPass scenic train? If so, how does it work? Does it work like the airport system, that we would check the luggage at the Bern station, and then claim them at the Lausanne train station? Are the bags guarded at the destination train station?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 2 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 6 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Juangfrau / mt
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
A question about checked luggage from the Bern rail station to Lausanne