Looking for suggestions on where to go in the North Rhine region of Germany. We are flying off from Dusseldorf, so we're thinking of staying about 4 days in that region. We're students, so we like the sort of "off the beaten track" kind of places; the quaint cobble-stone streets, the indie markets, etc. Anyone has any ideas? We are thinking of stationing ourselves at one of the area's major cities, say Cologne, and then taking day trips out to the surrounding towns. Anyone has any comments?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 2 Bordeaux to Nice
- 3 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 What fresh hell is this?
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 10 SE ITALY
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 13 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 14 One free day in Barcelona
- 15 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 16 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 17 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 20 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 21 Greek Village
- 22 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 23 Uber vs. TfL
- 24 Berlin
- 25 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011