Looking for suggestions on where to go in the North Rhine region of Germany. We are flying off from Dusseldorf, so we're thinking of staying about 4 days in that region. We're students, so we like the sort of "off the beaten track" kind of places; the quaint cobble-stone streets, the indie markets, etc. Anyone has any ideas? We are thinking of stationing ourselves at one of the area's major cities, say Cologne, and then taking day trips out to the surrounding towns. Anyone has any comments?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 2 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 3 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 4 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 5 European Cooking Secrets
- 6 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 7 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 8 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 9 Verona or Athens?
- 10 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 11 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 12 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 13 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 14 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 15 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 16 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 17 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 18 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 19 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 20 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 21 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 22 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 23 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 24 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 25 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!