Looking for suggestions on where to go in the North Rhine region of Germany. We are flying off from Dusseldorf, so we're thinking of staying about 4 days in that region. We're students, so we like the sort of "off the beaten track" kind of places; the quaint cobble-stone streets, the indie markets, etc. Anyone has any ideas? We are thinking of stationing ourselves at one of the area's major cities, say Cologne, and then taking day trips out to the surrounding towns. Anyone has any comments?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Amsterdam and...?
- 4 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 5 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 6 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 7 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 8 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 9 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 18 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 19 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 23 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 24 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!