...in Saturday's NY Times - a detailed article showing how towns along it are reacting to the huge increase in the numbers of people making the arduous journey by foot to the shrine of Saint Jacques in Santiago de la Compostella - even Angela Mirkel did a short few steps on it recently.
Walkers have boomed in spite of Europe's increasing turning away from religion.
Has anyone walked along the now well-beaten trail from France thru northweatern Spain to Santiago?
I've been to Santiago and loved the whole scene - the pious pilgrims making their last tough approach on knees, if I recall correctly them climbing a final stair case to the actual shrine.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 4 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 5 3 days to spend in europe
- 6 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 7 Barcelona completely overrated
- 8 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 9 Europe Sim card help
- 10 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 11 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 12 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 13 Local markets in Italy
- 14 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 15 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 16 http://www.trypromusclefit.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 17 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 18 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 19 Guides - Matera
- 20 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 21 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 22 England and Wales by public transport
- 23 Buying flowers in London?
- 24 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 25 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...