This is really more of a hypothetical, get-an-idea sort of post, as I don't plan on going to Europe until November 2011 at the earliest. I'd just like to get a general idea of costs and suggestions. Any help will be really appreciated!
I'm a student, so as you can imagine the budget is pretty tight. I plan on going with my partner for a European Winter. He's never been out of Australia, whereas I lived in Switzerland for 8 years. The places he really wants to visit are Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin and London (London is more of an "eh" thing. If we can fit it in for cheap, then sure, but otherwise we don't really mind). I'd really like to go to a couple of nice places that I haven't been to before as well; I'm thinking places like Bruges, Neuschwanstein and places in France. Another thing I'd really like to do is spend a good week or so in Switzerland (specifically Zurich, Geneva, maybe Jungfrau). I'd like to be in Zurich for a few days to catch up with old friends so that's something else to factor in.
So, my main few questions are:
1. When is the best time to go for a snow experience while not being ridiculously priced (I'm guessing Christmas time is pretty expensive)? As we're both uni students, our holidays run from mid-November until mid-February, so anytime there would suit us.
2. How long should we spend in each destination? How many days does it take to explore Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, various places in France? Or where else do you suggest we go?
3. I've been investigating Eurail passes and am trying to figure out if they're worth it. The Eurail Global pass is valid for 30 days of travel, but we're not going to that many different countries. The Eurail Select only allows up to 10 days of travel in 4 countries (Benelux, Germany, France, Switzerland). Would 10 days be enough to see everything we want to see? Can you get around many places on foot? Or would point-to-point tickets be cheaper?
4. Can you backpack around Europe in Winter? I.E. can you fit enough changes of warm clothes into a backpack?
And most importantly, how much should we expect to pay to backpack (for me this means staying in hostels, but splurging on Disneyland and a few nice dinners) around Western Europe for a month?
Sorry for the immensely long post!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 세븐카지노＼※【SKT700.CoM 】※＼라이브카지노¸인터넷바카라추천
- 2 내국인카지노＼※【SKT700.CoM 】※＼바카라사이트♬카지노바카라사이트
- 3 모바일카지노＼※【SKT700.CoM 】※＼온카지노￠인터넷카지노주소
- 4 월드카지노＼※【SKT700.CoM 】※＼인터넷바카라주소㏘코리아카지노
- 5 테크카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온카지노ゑ온카지노
- 6 Southern England by Car in 5 days
- 7 토토총판 노하우 // SSP221.com 코드: sky88 //
- 8 태양성바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라주소ん온라인바카라주소
- 9 로얄카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■아시안바카라ヂ아시안바카라
- 10 엠카지노주소■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라추천ゼ온라인바카라추천
- 11 온라인바카라싸이트■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■라이브바카라エ라이브바카라
- 12 성인바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라주소い인터넷바카라주소
- 13 우리바카라사이트■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생중계카지노ヶ생중계카지노
- 14 라스베가스바카라 ■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온카ゾ온카
- 15 라스베가스바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라ヱ인터넷바카라
- 16 카지노사이트게임■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라ん온라인바카라
- 17 망고카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라추천ハ인터넷바카라추천
- 18 카지노접속■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노な인터넷카지노
- 19 help with europe itinary
- 20 France on my own
- 21 Driving in Croatia
- 22 Escorted tours Norway
- 23 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 24 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 25 Help with basic itinerary