This is really more of a hypothetical, get-an-idea sort of post, as I don't plan on going to Europe until November 2011 at the earliest. I'd just like to get a general idea of costs and suggestions. Any help will be really appreciated!
I'm a student, so as you can imagine the budget is pretty tight. I plan on going with my partner for a European Winter. He's never been out of Australia, whereas I lived in Switzerland for 8 years. The places he really wants to visit are Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin and London (London is more of an "eh" thing. If we can fit it in for cheap, then sure, but otherwise we don't really mind). I'd really like to go to a couple of nice places that I haven't been to before as well; I'm thinking places like Bruges, Neuschwanstein and places in France. Another thing I'd really like to do is spend a good week or so in Switzerland (specifically Zurich, Geneva, maybe Jungfrau). I'd like to be in Zurich for a few days to catch up with old friends so that's something else to factor in.
So, my main few questions are:
1. When is the best time to go for a snow experience while not being ridiculously priced (I'm guessing Christmas time is pretty expensive)? As we're both uni students, our holidays run from mid-November until mid-February, so anytime there would suit us.
2. How long should we spend in each destination? How many days does it take to explore Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, various places in France? Or where else do you suggest we go?
3. I've been investigating Eurail passes and am trying to figure out if they're worth it. The Eurail Global pass is valid for 30 days of travel, but we're not going to that many different countries. The Eurail Select only allows up to 10 days of travel in 4 countries (Benelux, Germany, France, Switzerland). Would 10 days be enough to see everything we want to see? Can you get around many places on foot? Or would point-to-point tickets be cheaper?
4. Can you backpack around Europe in Winter? I.E. can you fit enough changes of warm clothes into a backpack?
And most importantly, how much should we expect to pay to backpack (for me this means staying in hostels, but splurging on Disneyland and a few nice dinners) around Western Europe for a month?
Sorry for the immensely long post!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary questions
- 2 블랙잭카지노べ❁【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】❁べ블랙잭카지노
- 3 해피카지노べ✿【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】✿べ해피카지노
- 4 실시간카지노정보べ✪【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】✪べ실시간카지노정보
- 5 1 month in Europe
- 6 생방송카지노뉴스べ✩【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】✩べ생방송카지노뉴스
- 7 신정환카지노べ☢【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】☢べ신정환카지노
- 8 플레이텍카지노べ☂【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】☂べ플레이텍카지노
- 9 카지노1번지べ✪【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】✪べ카지노1번지
- 10 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/testoboost-pro/
- 11 실제카지노べ✤【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】✤べ실제카지노
- 12 생활카지노べ✪【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】✪べ생활카지노
- 13 카지노잘하는법べ❈【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】❈べ카지노잘하는법
- 14 카지노룰べ♞【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】♞べ카지노룰
- 15 미니카지노べ♜【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】♜べ미니카지노
- 16 신뢰카지노べ♚【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】♚べ신뢰카지노
- 17 카지노추천べ✤【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】✤べ카지노추천
- 18 일본카지노べ♗【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】♗べ일본카지노
- 19 하노이카지노べ♦【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】♦べ하노이카지노
- 20 카지노정보べ❦【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】❦べ카지노정보
- 21 경주카지노べ❤【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】❤べ경주카지노
- 22 골드카지노べ❖【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】❖べ골드카지노
- 23 롯데호텔과카지노べ☭【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】☭べ롯데호텔과카지노
- 24 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 25 싱가포르카지노べ✿【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】✿べ싱가포르카지노