I'm back to Europe in a few months here (hurrah!) and this time I will be staying a bit longer, for about 5-6 weeks in total, with one month of that time spent in Prague doing a TEFL program.
My plan is to fly into London a week before my program starts and spend time there and do some day trips to places in England I've always wanted to see, and then fly to Prague from London a couple days before my program starts.
I'll have an apartment in Prague so will be living like a semi-local for my month. I would like to take trips on my weekends to other amazing places in the Czech Republic or nearby countries.
Has anyone in this community spent a fair amount of time in this part of Europe? What would be your suggestions for day trips (I love train travel) or a couple weekend trips? And even just places in Prague that can't be missed or that are little known but wonderful
My interests are in picturesque cities with interesting architecture ( I love old castles and things of this nature), outdoor activity, etc. I prefer small to mid sized cities or towns to huge cities but also love places like Edinburgh where I feel like the big city still maintains it's quaintness.
I typically take trips that mix up physical activity/historic sights/food and/or wine and meeting locals in the area. I'm friendly and tend to meet people everywhere, and I might end up coming back to Prague for a more extended period of time to work in the very near future so this is also a bit of a research trip for me (checking out job market, quality of life, etc)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 2 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 3 Germany train help!
- 4 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 5 Sicily
- 6 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 driving from prague to salzburg
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 12 Versailles
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 19 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 24 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 25 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise