I'm back to Europe in a few months here (hurrah!) and this time I will be staying a bit longer, for about 5-6 weeks in total, with one month of that time spent in Prague doing a TEFL program.
My plan is to fly into London a week before my program starts and spend time there and do some day trips to places in England I've always wanted to see, and then fly to Prague from London a couple days before my program starts.
I'll have an apartment in Prague so will be living like a semi-local for my month. I would like to take trips on my weekends to other amazing places in the Czech Republic or nearby countries.
Has anyone in this community spent a fair amount of time in this part of Europe? What would be your suggestions for day trips (I love train travel) or a couple weekend trips? And even just places in Prague that can't be missed or that are little known but wonderful
My interests are in picturesque cities with interesting architecture ( I love old castles and things of this nature), outdoor activity, etc. I prefer small to mid sized cities or towns to huge cities but also love places like Edinburgh where I feel like the big city still maintains it's quaintness.
I typically take trips that mix up physical activity/historic sights/food and/or wine and meeting locals in the area. I'm friendly and tend to meet people everywhere, and I might end up coming back to Prague for a more extended period of time to work in the very near future so this is also a bit of a research trip for me (checking out job market, quality of life, etc)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER@ printer Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 3 retruning to US with souveniers
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Italy in January?
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 10 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 13 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 10 days in London in early December
- 16 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 19 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 20 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 21 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 22 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 23 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 24 Scotland in December
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como