I'm back to Europe in a few months here (hurrah!) and this time I will be staying a bit longer, for about 5-6 weeks in total, with one month of that time spent in Prague doing a TEFL program.
My plan is to fly into London a week before my program starts and spend time there and do some day trips to places in England I've always wanted to see, and then fly to Prague from London a couple days before my program starts.
I'll have an apartment in Prague so will be living like a semi-local for my month. I would like to take trips on my weekends to other amazing places in the Czech Republic or nearby countries.
Has anyone in this community spent a fair amount of time in this part of Europe? What would be your suggestions for day trips (I love train travel) or a couple weekend trips? And even just places in Prague that can't be missed or that are little known but wonderful
My interests are in picturesque cities with interesting architecture ( I love old castles and things of this nature), outdoor activity, etc. I prefer small to mid sized cities or towns to huge cities but also love places like Edinburgh where I feel like the big city still maintains it's quaintness.
I typically take trips that mix up physical activity/historic sights/food and/or wine and meeting locals in the area. I'm friendly and tend to meet people everywhere, and I might end up coming back to Prague for a more extended period of time to work in the very near future so this is also a bit of a research trip for me (checking out job market, quality of life, etc)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 2 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 3 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 4 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 5 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 6 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 7 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 8 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 9 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 10 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 11 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 12 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 13 Oyster card?
- 14 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 15 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 16 London Theater
- 17 multi city flights to europe
- 18 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 19 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Milan and Lake Como
- 22 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 23 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 24 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 25 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?