I'm back to Europe in a few months here (hurrah!) and this time I will be staying a bit longer, for about 5-6 weeks in total, with one month of that time spent in Prague doing a TEFL program.
My plan is to fly into London a week before my program starts and spend time there and do some day trips to places in England I've always wanted to see, and then fly to Prague from London a couple days before my program starts.
I'll have an apartment in Prague so will be living like a semi-local for my month. I would like to take trips on my weekends to other amazing places in the Czech Republic or nearby countries.
Has anyone in this community spent a fair amount of time in this part of Europe? What would be your suggestions for day trips (I love train travel) or a couple weekend trips? And even just places in Prague that can't be missed or that are little known but wonderful
My interests are in picturesque cities with interesting architecture ( I love old castles and things of this nature), outdoor activity, etc. I prefer small to mid sized cities or towns to huge cities but also love places like Edinburgh where I feel like the big city still maintains it's quaintness.
I typically take trips that mix up physical activity/historic sights/food and/or wine and meeting locals in the area. I'm friendly and tend to meet people everywhere, and I might end up coming back to Prague for a more extended period of time to work in the very near future so this is also a bit of a research trip for me (checking out job market, quality of life, etc)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Driving through Paris
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 Road trip with our dog
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 16 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 21 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia