Hi wonderful Fodorites!
I recently changed my plans for the summer to spending one month in Normandy, taking French lessons, instead of doing a TEFL course in Prague (I know not at all the same things, but long story). I'll be in a little town called Rouen for my time in Normandy, with a home base there while I attend my french language courses 5 hours a day
I have found some great reccos for Normandy from both a French friend and stuff I've found on here, but am wondering in particular if any folks have specific reccos for restaurants (that are extremely memorable and excellent ), speciality foods or drinks (special cider producer or cider tasting place, etc)
AND reccos for how to get around affordably by train (tix are getting crazy expensive these days!). I don't understand whether I can go the places I need to go if I buy a Railpass of some sort or whether I'll end up having to buy regular tickets anyways?! I have to go to Avignon for a wknd ($150-$200 tickets RT right now on SNCF site) would love to go to Avignon for 2 wknds (i have research to do there) and maybe Paris one wknd. I've already purchased a $200 RT train ticket from London to Rouen so I'm getting a bit annoyed at how much I'll be spending on trains on this trip.
suggestions welcome and appreciated
Me: I'm a wine industry veteran and a pickie foodie. I love simple, but high quality ingredients. I love the outdoors, being active, being beautifiul scenic places and seeing old crumbling buildings . I really really like not doing the big main stuff and just focusing on living like a local (thus the language lessosn and choosing a small town). I have no money really, but manage to travel well when I do travel due to renting apartments, packing my own lunch many days and eating outdoors (saving for 1 meal out per day) and being super savvy about transportation. I don't buy gifts or do luxurious things like rent a driver or tour guide. I do love driving and will take 1 opportunity to rent a car for a wknd during my trip (can't afford more)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 스포츠사이트【【 SCB33 。CＯM『가입코드: 0004』】】사설안전놀이터
- 2 추천사이트【 SCB 3 3、CＯM - 코드: 0004 】㏂가상축구배팅
- 3 사설놀이터추천【【 SCB33 。CＯM『가입코드: 0004』】】해외스포츠사이트
- 4 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 5 France Itinerary Advice
- 6 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 7 4 days in Provence in early June
- 8 dinner jackets
- 9 Trip to Rome
- 10 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 11 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 15 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 19 Leather goods in Florence
- 20 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 21 Transportation
- 22 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 23 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 24 Things to do in Montpellier
- 25 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
A month in Normandy (Rouen): calling Normandy afficionados
Hi wonderful Fodorites!