I am going on a solo trip to Italy this September. It will be my first time there and I am very excited. Originally, I was planning to spend a few weeks in the Dolomites (I could spend months in the mountains!), but then people starting giving me suggestions of other amazing places, and I got overwhelmed. Now I am in this mode where I'd love to see a lot (Rome, Naples, Florence, Verona, Siena, etc) but also feel inclined of staying somewhere in Tuscany for 2-3 weeks and do day trips to the big cities instead.
I am learning Italian and would love to stay in a place where I could socialize and experience the unhurried life of Italians instead of running around checking off the tourist list... Should I stay at one of the agriturismi, you think?
Could anyone please recommend what I could do with my time in Italy?
I love exploring, hiking, cooking and eating, gardening, art and architecture but not so much shopping or lounging on the beach.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 C-h-e-a-p K-i-t-c-h-e-n-s For Sale Harrogate
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 4 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 5 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 6 England Transportation Experts Needed! Multiple Questions!
- 7 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 8 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 9 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 12 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 13 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 14 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 15 Bergen and Norway with toddler under-two
- 16 Norway -Trips
- 17 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 18 English Countryside
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Norway Itinerary
- 21 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 22 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 23 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 24 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 25 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?