I am going on a solo trip to Italy this September. It will be my first time there and I am very excited. Originally, I was planning to spend a few weeks in the Dolomites (I could spend months in the mountains!), but then people starting giving me suggestions of other amazing places, and I got overwhelmed. Now I am in this mode where I'd love to see a lot (Rome, Naples, Florence, Verona, Siena, etc) but also feel inclined of staying somewhere in Tuscany for 2-3 weeks and do day trips to the big cities instead.
I am learning Italian and would love to stay in a place where I could socialize and experience the unhurried life of Italians instead of running around checking off the tourist list... Should I stay at one of the agriturismi, you think?
Could anyone please recommend what I could do with my time in Italy?
I love exploring, hiking, cooking and eating, gardening, art and architecture but not so much shopping or lounging on the beach.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 2 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 3 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 4 Travelling through Europe by RV in May 2017
- 5 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 6 Praiano
- 7 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 8 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 9 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 10 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 11 A hole in the wall in St Germain. Paris
- 12 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 13 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 14 Oporto
- 15 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 16 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 17 Italy bus or train
- 18 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 19 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 20 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 21 Porto and vicinity
- 22 Rome to venice
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 25 help with Italy itinerary