We're taking advantage of the IcelandAir layover in August at the tail-end of a 3-week trip to visit the family in Europe.
When we travel, we love to put down roots and are not big-tour types. But I know this short of a trip is going to be a challenge to do our normal type of travel and would love to get advice and suggestions.
1) I've been on the IheartRejkavik blog and plan to book her on Day 1!
2) Has anyone stayed at the Loft Hostel by chance? Looking at a quad room possibly.
3) Wondering if we should stay the last 2 nights somewhere in a small town on a peninsula or on the ring road?
4) we love great good and wine (which often means cities), but also hiking, fishing, horseback riding, exploring, which takes me back to question #3.
5) Definitely do not want to fight the tourists at the Blue Lagoon but will want some sort of Geothermal pool experience.
I know we will come back sometime, but don't want to short-change our kids, particularly, with our distaste of fast-paced travel.
We appreciate any and all advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
A mere 2.5 days in Iceland in Aug with 13 and 14 yr old boys. Help!