We're taking advantage of the IcelandAir layover in August at the tail-end of a 3-week trip to visit the family in Europe.
When we travel, we love to put down roots and are not big-tour types. But I know this short of a trip is going to be a challenge to do our normal type of travel and would love to get advice and suggestions.
1) I've been on the IheartRejkavik blog and plan to book her on Day 1!
2) Has anyone stayed at the Loft Hostel by chance? Looking at a quad room possibly.
3) Wondering if we should stay the last 2 nights somewhere in a small town on a peninsula or on the ring road?
4) we love great good and wine (which often means cities), but also hiking, fishing, horseback riding, exploring, which takes me back to question #3.
5) Definitely do not want to fight the tourists at the Blue Lagoon but will want some sort of Geothermal pool experience.
I know we will come back sometime, but don't want to short-change our kids, particularly, with our distaste of fast-paced travel.
We appreciate any and all advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 2 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 5 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 6 10 day Italy
- 7 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 8 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 9 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Prague itinerary advice
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 Santorini lodging
- 14 Ireland
- 15 Killarney
- 16 Italian car factory tours
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 23 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 24 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 25 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
A mere 2.5 days in Iceland in Aug with 13 and 14 yr old boys. Help!