We're taking advantage of the IcelandAir layover in August at the tail-end of a 3-week trip to visit the family in Europe.
When we travel, we love to put down roots and are not big-tour types. But I know this short of a trip is going to be a challenge to do our normal type of travel and would love to get advice and suggestions.
1) I've been on the IheartRejkavik blog and plan to book her on Day 1!
2) Has anyone stayed at the Loft Hostel by chance? Looking at a quad room possibly.
3) Wondering if we should stay the last 2 nights somewhere in a small town on a peninsula or on the ring road?
4) we love great good and wine (which often means cities), but also hiking, fishing, horseback riding, exploring, which takes me back to question #3.
5) Definitely do not want to fight the tourists at the Blue Lagoon but will want some sort of Geothermal pool experience.
I know we will come back sometime, but don't want to short-change our kids, particularly, with our distaste of fast-paced travel.
We appreciate any and all advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 2 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 3 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 4 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 11 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 12 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 13 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 14 Cell Phone Question
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 22 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
A mere 2.5 days in Iceland in Aug with 13 and 14 yr old boys. Help!