We are all set for our trip to southern Brittany, which starts in two weeks. We have been invited to use a house in Rennes by a couple whose children we got to know many years ago when they summered here during two different summers. After our short stay there, we will be staying 6 days each in Pont-Aven and La Trinité-sur-mer and a final night at the Sheraton at CDG. We have our train reservations and our car rental arranged. I have made extensive files on restaurants, activities, and markets in the area. I think we are mostly set. However:
1) We used a Mi-Fi (Wi-Fi hotspot) in Apulia last year and found it helpful when we were out of range of Wi-Fi, particularly driving on unfamiliar roads. Have any of you used Mi-Fi in Brittany, and if so, what company did you use?
2) We found most recently that the Google Maps app has been the most accurate program for real-time directions, but, since we will be in France, have folks found Mappy or Via Michelin more reliable? Do they have apps as well?
3) We recently attended a wedding for a niece we're very close to, and I'd like to get a gift in Brittany. I know about Quimper dishes, but do any of you have any other suggestions for gifts in the perhaps $250 range?
Of courses, any other suggestions are more than appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 2 London vacation rental agency
- 3 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 4 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 7 Borghese Gallery Question
- 8 Sim Card
- 9 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 10 Airline to Rome
- 11 Finland around Christmas time?
- 12 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 13 Athens Help
- 14 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 15 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 18 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 19 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 20 Transport for local Venice travel
- 21 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 SE ITALY
- 24 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 25 Granada in April; add Malaga?