In June, my two daughters and I will be visiting the south and west of Ireland. I can't begin to tell you how excited we are, but I have some things I am clueless about and seek help from those of you in the know:
1) I assume I need to get an electrical adapter, is Ireland fully on the type G (as used in the UK)? Do I need voltage adapters?
2) How's the bug population? Do I need to pack bug repellent?
3) Will my DVD's work or are there specific regions that they work in?
4) The only cell phone I have is from work. Should I leave it home and buy a prepaid? I certainly don't want to wrack up huge fees for my employer. I don't need to make calls, it's more for emergency or calling ahead to where we are staying.
Thanks for any help.
A Few Misc Questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland November 2015
- 2 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 3 Southern Spain
- 4 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 6 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 7 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 8 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 9 1 week in the Cyclades
- 10 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 11 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 12 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 13 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 14 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 15 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 16 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 Schengen Visa Rules
- 19 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 20 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 21 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 22 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 23 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 24 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe