In June, my two daughters and I will be visiting the south and west of Ireland. I can't begin to tell you how excited we are, but I have some things I am clueless about and seek help from those of you in the know:
1) I assume I need to get an electrical adapter, is Ireland fully on the type G (as used in the UK)? Do I need voltage adapters?
2) How's the bug population? Do I need to pack bug repellent?
3) Will my DVD's work or are there specific regions that they work in?
4) The only cell phone I have is from work. Should I leave it home and buy a prepaid? I certainly don't want to wrack up huge fees for my employer. I don't need to make calls, it's more for emergency or calling ahead to where we are staying.
Thanks for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 4 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 5 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 6 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 7 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 8 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Apartment Montreux area
- 16 Rome or Venice first
- 17 Europe First Timers
- 18 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 19 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 20 Safety in Rome
- 21 An evening in London
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Chur or St Moritz?