In June, my two daughters and I will be visiting the south and west of Ireland. I can't begin to tell you how excited we are, but I have some things I am clueless about and seek help from those of you in the know:
1) I assume I need to get an electrical adapter, is Ireland fully on the type G (as used in the UK)? Do I need voltage adapters?
2) How's the bug population? Do I need to pack bug repellent?
3) Will my DVD's work or are there specific regions that they work in?
4) The only cell phone I have is from work. Should I leave it home and buy a prepaid? I certainly don't want to wrack up huge fees for my employer. I don't need to make calls, it's more for emergency or calling ahead to where we are staying.
Thanks for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visa expired
- 2 Phone cards
- 3 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 6 written guide for Olympia
- 7 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 8 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 9 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 10 Naxos hotel question
- 11 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 12 England and Wales by public transport
- 13 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 16 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 17 Europe Itinerary
- 18 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 19 Loire Valley itinerary
- 20 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 21 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 22 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 23 Oktoberfest 2016 What to expect
- 24 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 25 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?