I'm flying into Munich next Tuesday morning and will be staying that evening in Salzburg. I've never been to Munich and thought I'd take the S-Bahn into the city, drop my bags at the train station, and wander around the center of town for a few hours before catching a train on to Salzburg. I have Rick Steves' walking tour, which looks like I can do in a short time. Is this really worth doing? Anything else you'd recommend for a quick afternoon tour of Munich?
A few hours in Munich - just walk around the center?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 2 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 3 5 Observations About Paris
- 4 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 5 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 6 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 7 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 8 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 9 Southern Spain
- 10 Museums in Berlin
- 11 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 12 Schengen Visa Rules
- 13 Scotland November 2015
- 14 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 15 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 16 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 17 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 20 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 21 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 22 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 23 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 24 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 25 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt