I'm going to be doing the walkers haute route this August, we will end up in Zermatt. I initially had given us 14 days to do the trek, and then travel out. However, to save a significant amount of money we will be flying out of Strassbourg instead of Switzerland. So I am going to "cheat" a bit on the treck to try and save a few days.
So we will finish in Zermatt, and have 3-4 days before flying out of Strassbourg. I ruled out the eastern part of switzerland, will have to save this for another trip. I keep reading people raving about Berner Oberland. Is it worth spending time there if we will be a little hiked out at that point. Is the scenery there significantly different from what we will see on the haute route?
The other options would be to explore some of the French side of Switzerland, such as Jura, Lausanne etc or Bern?
Or we could just travel straight to Alsace, and try and get more of a quick glimpse/tasteof that region.
We will likely train from zermatt to our first major swiss destination and rent a car (train travel from swizerland to strassbourg doens't seem that convenient, and I like having a car, I know it is expensive)
I appreciate any feedback! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 2 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 3 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 4 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 5 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Venice
- 9 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 10 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 11 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 12 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 Scotland and London 21 days
- 15 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 17 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 18 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 19 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 20 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 Capri in July
- 23 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 24 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 25 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts