We land in Rome in the morning and have a few days before we are booked in Venice. After a few days in Venice, we spend a week in Sardinia and then back to Rome for 3 days before flying out.
My hope is that we could land in Rome in the morning and get a train to someplace between Rome and Venice and use that as a home base for a couple of days, since we will be back in Rome at the end of the trip.
I've been to Rome, Venice and Florence- but it's been 30 years!
- how hard will it be to arrive at 9 am in Rome and realistically get someplace else that same day (travel exhaustion and all). Florence, Orvieto, etc.?
- We land on Friday morning, 25 of May and head to Venice on Sunday- so really only 2 days.
- Also open to just heading to Rome, but just haven't found that special place that speaks to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 5 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 6 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 7 Highclare Castle
- 8 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 9 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 10 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 11 Salzburg itinerary review
- 12 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 15 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 16 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger
A few days between landing in Rome and reservations in Venice