We land in Rome in the morning and have a few days before we are booked in Venice. After a few days in Venice, we spend a week in Sardinia and then back to Rome for 3 days before flying out.
My hope is that we could land in Rome in the morning and get a train to someplace between Rome and Venice and use that as a home base for a couple of days, since we will be back in Rome at the end of the trip.
I've been to Rome, Venice and Florence- but it's been 30 years!
- how hard will it be to arrive at 9 am in Rome and realistically get someplace else that same day (travel exhaustion and all). Florence, Orvieto, etc.?
- We land on Friday morning, 25 of May and head to Venice on Sunday- so really only 2 days.
- Also open to just heading to Rome, but just haven't found that special place that speaks to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verizon Installation CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 3 Iceland france spain
- 4 Ex-pats with young kids
- 5 Maximizing Norway time
- 6 Greece
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 southeast sicily town as home base
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 13 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 14 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 17 Top Tapas Tascas
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 20 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 21 Iceland car rental agencies
- 22 Ludwig Castles
- 23 Best Viking Sites
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
A few days between landing in Rome and reservations in Venice