We land in Rome in the morning and have a few days before we are booked in Venice. After a few days in Venice, we spend a week in Sardinia and then back to Rome for 3 days before flying out.
My hope is that we could land in Rome in the morning and get a train to someplace between Rome and Venice and use that as a home base for a couple of days, since we will be back in Rome at the end of the trip.
I've been to Rome, Venice and Florence- but it's been 30 years!
- how hard will it be to arrive at 9 am in Rome and realistically get someplace else that same day (travel exhaustion and all). Florence, Orvieto, etc.?
- We land on Friday morning, 25 of May and head to Venice on Sunday- so really only 2 days.
- Also open to just heading to Rome, but just haven't found that special place that speaks to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First visit to London
- 2 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 3 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 4 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 5 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 6 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 7 Two days in Rome
- 8 London is it worth it?
- 9 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 10 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 11 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 12 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 13 International drivers permit
- 14 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 15 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 16 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 17 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 18 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 19 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 20 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 21 Naples + Walking Tour
- 22 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 25 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
A few days between landing in Rome and reservations in Venice