We land in Rome in the morning and have a few days before we are booked in Venice. After a few days in Venice, we spend a week in Sardinia and then back to Rome for 3 days before flying out.
My hope is that we could land in Rome in the morning and get a train to someplace between Rome and Venice and use that as a home base for a couple of days, since we will be back in Rome at the end of the trip.
I've been to Rome, Venice and Florence- but it's been 30 years!
- how hard will it be to arrive at 9 am in Rome and realistically get someplace else that same day (travel exhaustion and all). Florence, Orvieto, etc.?
- We land on Friday morning, 25 of May and head to Venice on Sunday- so really only 2 days.
- Also open to just heading to Rome, but just haven't found that special place that speaks to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 2 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 3 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 4 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Trip suggestion
- 10 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 13 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 14 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 15 Spain in July
- 16 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 17 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 18 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 19 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 20 Acorn TV
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
A few days between landing in Rome and reservations in Venice