We land in Rome in the morning and have a few days before we are booked in Venice. After a few days in Venice, we spend a week in Sardinia and then back to Rome for 3 days before flying out.
My hope is that we could land in Rome in the morning and get a train to someplace between Rome and Venice and use that as a home base for a couple of days, since we will be back in Rome at the end of the trip.
I've been to Rome, Venice and Florence- but it's been 30 years!
- how hard will it be to arrive at 9 am in Rome and realistically get someplace else that same day (travel exhaustion and all). Florence, Orvieto, etc.?
- We land on Friday morning, 25 of May and head to Venice on Sunday- so really only 2 days.
- Also open to just heading to Rome, but just haven't found that special place that speaks to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions about Polish sights
- 2 vienna
- 3 Croatia Ferry Help
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 6 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 7 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 getting to CDG
- 10 Ireland hotel questions
- 11 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 16 Switzerland in November?
- 17 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 18 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 21 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 22 Barcelona cooking classes
- 23 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 24 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 25 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
A few days between landing in Rome and reservations in Venice