My friend and I are taking a cruise that ends in Marseille, France. We would like to rent a car or possibly a small motorhome type vehicle, (we have kids), and see as much of Europe as we can before returning to the States. We have approximately 17 days, but are flexible on our departure date. Our final destination will be London England and we would like to visit Italy, Germany and France and anything else that we can get in. More specifically Venice, Italy, someplace worth visiting in Germany, Paris, France and then London, England. Our current tentative itinerary is as follows:
Drive along the coast from Marseille to Florence then to Venice.
From there head toward Germany then cut across to Paris then to London.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a worthwhile route on this road trip? We are completely flexible and this trip is mostly to provide our children with the opportunity to have great childhood memories they will never forget.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!!
A drive in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 2 Day Trips from Paris
- 3 Ireland's west coast
- 4 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 5 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 6 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 7 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 8 South of Switzerland
- 9 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 10 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 11 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 12 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 13 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 14 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 16 Home Base in Belgium
- 17 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 18 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 19 Rocamaxour
- 20 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 21 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 22 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 Itinerary for Spain
- 25 Dordogne prehistoric sites