My friend and I are taking a cruise that ends in Marseille, France. We would like to rent a car or possibly a small motorhome type vehicle, (we have kids), and see as much of Europe as we can before returning to the States. We have approximately 17 days, but are flexible on our departure date. Our final destination will be London England and we would like to visit Italy, Germany and France and anything else that we can get in. More specifically Venice, Italy, someplace worth visiting in Germany, Paris, France and then London, England. Our current tentative itinerary is as follows:
Drive along the coast from Marseille to Florence then to Venice.
From there head toward Germany then cut across to Paris then to London.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a worthwhile route on this road trip? We are completely flexible and this trip is mostly to provide our children with the opportunity to have great childhood memories they will never forget.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 2 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 My first trip to Crete
- 5 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 6 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 7 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 8 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 9 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 10 Airport Transportation
- 11 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 12 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 13 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 14 London is it worth it?
- 15 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 16 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 17 London and Normandy
- 18 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 19 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 20 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 21 free international phone calls
- 22 France Study Abroad
- 23 Lisbon
- 24 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 25 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.