My friend and I are taking a cruise that ends in Marseille, France. We would like to rent a car or possibly a small motorhome type vehicle, (we have kids), and see as much of Europe as we can before returning to the States. We have approximately 17 days, but are flexible on our departure date. Our final destination will be London England and we would like to visit Italy, Germany and France and anything else that we can get in. More specifically Venice, Italy, someplace worth visiting in Germany, Paris, France and then London, England. Our current tentative itinerary is as follows:
Drive along the coast from Marseille to Florence then to Venice.
From there head toward Germany then cut across to Paris then to London.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a worthwhile route on this road trip? We are completely flexible and this trip is mostly to provide our children with the opportunity to have great childhood memories they will never forget.
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 24 hours in Paris
- 2 Insurance on rental car options
- 3 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 4 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 5 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 6 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 7 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 8 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 9 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 12 tickets for Wimbledon
- 13 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 14 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 15 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 16 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 17 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 18 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 19 Happy birthday ATM
- 20 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice