I will be spending from Wednesday April 16th (evening) to Tuesday April 22nd (evening) in Florence. I am thinking about a day trip, although realize, because this is Easter, transportation might be limited.
Initial thoughts, having read some wonderful trip reports, are: Lucca, San Gimignano, Siena (been before twice). All are about 1.5 hours by bus or train each way, although I am having a very hard time figuring out the SITA bus site.
So, which one would you chose? Or are there others that you would recommend?
Also, I am very open to those that suggest NOT leaving Florence, as there is so much to see for a museum buff like myself - I have already booked the Uffizi and the Accadamia. I have been to Florence three times, but it has been several years since my last trip, so I could definitely visit every site again, and it will be like the first time.
I always try to do too much on a trip – I am a bit of an ADD traveller, very high energy and I generally walk about 9 hours per day. I love good food, and always take at least an hour over a good lunch and glass of wine.
I’d like to get your feedback on both sides - should I stay or should I go? .
Many thanks to all of you that have posted such interesting trip reports – I am in your debt.
Best regards ... Ger
P.S. I have booked my hotel, so will update that thread this evening. Some of you may not approve!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 2 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 3 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 4 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 5 Help with Ireland Trip
- 6 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 7 Cappadocia in June
- 8 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 9 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 10 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 11 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 12 Ibiiza Spain
- 13 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 14 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 15 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 16 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 17 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 18 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 19 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 20 3 nights in Madrid
- 21 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 22 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 23 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 24 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 25 Best Barcelona neighborhood
A day-trip from Florence – to do or not to do, and which one?