I will be spending from Wednesday April 16th (evening) to Tuesday April 22nd (evening) in Florence. I am thinking about a day trip, although realize, because this is Easter, transportation might be limited.
Initial thoughts, having read some wonderful trip reports, are: Lucca, San Gimignano, Siena (been before twice). All are about 1.5 hours by bus or train each way, although I am having a very hard time figuring out the SITA bus site.
So, which one would you chose? Or are there others that you would recommend?
Also, I am very open to those that suggest NOT leaving Florence, as there is so much to see for a museum buff like myself - I have already booked the Uffizi and the Accadamia. I have been to Florence three times, but it has been several years since my last trip, so I could definitely visit every site again, and it will be like the first time.
I always try to do too much on a trip – I am a bit of an ADD traveller, very high energy and I generally walk about 9 hours per day. I love good food, and always take at least an hour over a good lunch and glass of wine.
I’d like to get your feedback on both sides - should I stay or should I go? .
Many thanks to all of you that have posted such interesting trip reports – I am in your debt.
Best regards ... Ger
P.S. I have booked my hotel, so will update that thread this evening. Some of you may not approve!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 Overnight Train Questions
- 3 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 4 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 5 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 6 Non Airport Location for Car Drop off locations for Madrid
- 7 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 8 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 9 What to see in Dresden...
- 10 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 11 Croatia in late April
- 12 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 13 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 14 Italy - best two central locations
- 15 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 16 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 17 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 18 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 19 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 20 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 21 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 22 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 23 Vet my itinerary
- 24 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 25 Hotels in Amsterdam
A day-trip from Florence – to do or not to do, and which one?