I will be spending from Wednesday April 16th (evening) to Tuesday April 22nd (evening) in Florence. I am thinking about a day trip, although realize, because this is Easter, transportation might be limited.
Initial thoughts, having read some wonderful trip reports, are: Lucca, San Gimignano, Siena (been before twice). All are about 1.5 hours by bus or train each way, although I am having a very hard time figuring out the SITA bus site.
So, which one would you chose? Or are there others that you would recommend?
Also, I am very open to those that suggest NOT leaving Florence, as there is so much to see for a museum buff like myself - I have already booked the Uffizi and the Accadamia. I have been to Florence three times, but it has been several years since my last trip, so I could definitely visit every site again, and it will be like the first time.
I always try to do too much on a trip – I am a bit of an ADD traveller, very high energy and I generally walk about 9 hours per day. I love good food, and always take at least an hour over a good lunch and glass of wine.
I’d like to get your feedback on both sides - should I stay or should I go? .
Many thanks to all of you that have posted such interesting trip reports – I am in your debt.
Best regards ... Ger
P.S. I have booked my hotel, so will update that thread this evening. Some of you may not approve!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Genoa to Rome...
- 2 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 3 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 4 Greece Itinerary
- 5 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 6 Spain in November
- 7 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 8 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 9 Munich Under Attack...
- 10 3 Days in Naples...
- 11 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 12 How big backpack do I need?
- 13 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 14 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 15 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 16 Dentix in Spain
- 17 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 18 First trip - destination advice!
- 19 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 20 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 21 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 22 Stonehenge and Bath
- 23 Path of the Gods Question
- 24 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 25 Should I speculate?
A day-trip from Florence – to do or not to do, and which one?