I will be spending from Wednesday April 16th (evening) to Tuesday April 22nd (evening) in Florence. I am thinking about a day trip, although realize, because this is Easter, transportation might be limited.
Initial thoughts, having read some wonderful trip reports, are: Lucca, San Gimignano, Siena (been before twice). All are about 1.5 hours by bus or train each way, although I am having a very hard time figuring out the SITA bus site.
So, which one would you chose? Or are there others that you would recommend?
Also, I am very open to those that suggest NOT leaving Florence, as there is so much to see for a museum buff like myself - I have already booked the Uffizi and the Accadamia. I have been to Florence three times, but it has been several years since my last trip, so I could definitely visit every site again, and it will be like the first time.
I always try to do too much on a trip – I am a bit of an ADD traveller, very high energy and I generally walk about 9 hours per day. I love good food, and always take at least an hour over a good lunch and glass of wine.
I’d like to get your feedback on both sides - should I stay or should I go? .
Many thanks to all of you that have posted such interesting trip reports – I am in your debt.
Best regards ... Ger
P.S. I have booked my hotel, so will update that thread this evening. Some of you may not approve!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London vacation rental agency
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 4 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 5 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 6 Germany or Sweden
- 7 Cork questions
- 8 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 9 Italy Vacation
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 13 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 14 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 15 Spain: train/rental car help
- 16 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 17 Trains in Italy
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Sicily help
- 21 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 22 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 23 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 24 Stu Tower
- 25 PARIS
A day-trip from Florence – to do or not to do, and which one?