I will be spending from Wednesday April 16th (evening) to Tuesday April 22nd (evening) in Florence. I am thinking about a day trip, although realize, because this is Easter, transportation might be limited.
Initial thoughts, having read some wonderful trip reports, are: Lucca, San Gimignano, Siena (been before twice). All are about 1.5 hours by bus or train each way, although I am having a very hard time figuring out the SITA bus site.
So, which one would you chose? Or are there others that you would recommend?
Also, I am very open to those that suggest NOT leaving Florence, as there is so much to see for a museum buff like myself - I have already booked the Uffizi and the Accadamia. I have been to Florence three times, but it has been several years since my last trip, so I could definitely visit every site again, and it will be like the first time.
I always try to do too much on a trip – I am a bit of an ADD traveller, very high energy and I generally walk about 9 hours per day. I love good food, and always take at least an hour over a good lunch and glass of wine.
I’d like to get your feedback on both sides - should I stay or should I go? .
Many thanks to all of you that have posted such interesting trip reports – I am in your debt.
Best regards ... Ger
P.S. I have booked my hotel, so will update that thread this evening. Some of you may not approve!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Destination with kids?
- 2 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 3 Cork or Galway?
- 4 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 5 Villa near Florence Italy
- 6 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 7 MiFi in Italy
- 8 Villa near Florence Italy
- 9 French lavender and cottages
- 10 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 11 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 12 England and Wales by public transport
- 13 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Guides - Matera
- 16 Girona and Besalau
- 17 Barcelona completely overrated
- 18 One quick week -- where in France?
- 19 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 20 Rail/Hoylhead/Edinburgh
- 21 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 22 Austria In Nov first week
- 23 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 Small foodie tours in Bologna
A day-trip from Florence – to do or not to do, and which one?