We are cruising this May in the Mediterranean - and one of the ports is Messina, which we have stopped in twice before over the years. Having been twice to Taormina, I'd like some ideas of something new to do during our 7 hours in port. Throw any ideas out there! - but also I'd be interested in whether Savoca is worthwhile even if you have no interest in "The Godfather" movie lore. Best way to get there?
a day in Messina
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2 Apartment in Italy
- 3 Help Me Plan My Trip
- 4 Germany for 3 weeks
- 5 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 6 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 7 Which Florence hotel?
- 8 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 11 Gluten Free in Italy
- 12 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 13 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 14 Ireland's west coast
- 15 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 16 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 17 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 18 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 19 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 20 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 21 Gluten free options in Spain?
- 22 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 23 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 24 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 25 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago