We are cruising this May in the Mediterranean - and one of the ports is Messina, which we have stopped in twice before over the years. Having been twice to Taormina, I'd like some ideas of something new to do during our 7 hours in port. Throw any ideas out there! - but also I'd be interested in whether Savoca is worthwhile even if you have no interest in "The Godfather" movie lore. Best way to get there?
a day in Messina
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 Azores
- 4 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 5 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 6 Azores
- 7 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 8 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 9 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 10 tulips in the Netherland
- 11 England and Scotland
- 12 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 15 Air pollution in Paris
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Dublin to Armagh?
- 18 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 21 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 22 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 23 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 24 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 25 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin