We are cruising this May in the Mediterranean - and one of the ports is Messina, which we have stopped in twice before over the years. Having been twice to Taormina, I'd like some ideas of something new to do during our 7 hours in port. Throw any ideas out there! - but also I'd be interested in whether Savoca is worthwhile even if you have no interest in "The Godfather" movie lore. Best way to get there?
a day in Messina
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 2 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 3 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 4 Sicily - not a trip report
- 5 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 8 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 9 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 10 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 11 Fashion for larger man?
- 12 car rental advice in Portugal
- 13 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 14 Fjords, How To?
- 15 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 16 Duoro river cruises
- 17 What to wear
- 18 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 19 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 20 Budget for 3 Month's
- 21 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 24 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 25 Suggestions for trip to England with preteen girls 11 & 13?