We are cruising this May in the Mediterranean - and one of the ports is Messina, which we have stopped in twice before over the years. Having been twice to Taormina, I'd like some ideas of something new to do during our 7 hours in port. Throw any ideas out there! - but also I'd be interested in whether Savoca is worthwhile even if you have no interest in "The Godfather" movie lore. Best way to get there?
a day in Messina
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Florence, Rome post cruise visit
- 2 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 3 Paris T A X I
- 4 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 5 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 6 First Trip to Europe
- 7 Globus Tours
- 8 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 9 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 10 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 11 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 12 Central London Hotels
- 13 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 14 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 15 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 16 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 17 Paris Taxi
- 18 Apartment cooking in Paris
- 19 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 20 Bielsa, Spain - Any info?
- 21 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 22 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 23 review of grimaldi ferry barcelona to porto torres
- 24 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 25 Cornwall or Paris?