We are cruising this May in the Mediterranean - and one of the ports is Messina, which we have stopped in twice before over the years. Having been twice to Taormina, I'd like some ideas of something new to do during our 7 hours in port. Throw any ideas out there! - but also I'd be interested in whether Savoca is worthwhile even if you have no interest in "The Godfather" movie lore. Best way to get there?
a day in Messina
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 2 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 3 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 4 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 5 Terrorism in Europe
- 6 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 7 London restaurants
- 8 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 9 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 10 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 11 Three weeks holiday in Turkey
- 12 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 13 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 14 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 15 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 16 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Madrid Card or Paseo del Arte pass
- 19 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 20 Istanbul water
- 21 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 22 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 23 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 24 A Travel Junkie and Pastry Chef's Wet Dream
- 25 Cinque Terre v Tuscany