A gaggle of women (we'll be 6, mid 40s, and hyperactive) will be arriving in Bordeaux at 1030am, renting a car, and driving to Chateau Siran where we were invited to stay. Since we're expected at Chateau Siran (1 hour away) about 4pm, we have between 11am-3pm to spend in Bordeaux. I know, too short, but that's really all the time we have. Next trip will be longer, I promise!
1. Should we get the car immediately upon arriving? I'm not clear where the train station is. I've read that Bordeaux is a walking town, but I presume you have to drive to the city center (or the historic part) first before walking around. The other option is, if the train station is within walking distance from the city center, is to walk around first, then get the car before we leave for Chateau Siran. Are there lockers in the train station for us to park our bags?
2. If we do get the car as soon as we arrive, and drive to the city center, is it hard to park? Would anyone have any suggestions on where to park?
3. Any suggestions where to eat lunch? Then what to do until 3pm?
4. Is Bordeaux easy to navigate? I suppose we'll be renting a gps system.
Thanks all for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 CDG airport and connection time
- 3 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 4 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 7 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 8 Paris Metro
- 9 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 10 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 11 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 14 getting to CDG
- 15 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 16 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Towersey, London
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 Biarritz family holiday
- 22 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 23 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Ireland in April