A gaggle of women (we'll be 6, mid 40s, and hyperactive) will be arriving in Bordeaux at 1030am, renting a car, and driving to Chateau Siran where we were invited to stay. Since we're expected at Chateau Siran (1 hour away) about 4pm, we have between 11am-3pm to spend in Bordeaux. I know, too short, but that's really all the time we have. Next trip will be longer, I promise!
1. Should we get the car immediately upon arriving? I'm not clear where the train station is. I've read that Bordeaux is a walking town, but I presume you have to drive to the city center (or the historic part) first before walking around. The other option is, if the train station is within walking distance from the city center, is to walk around first, then get the car before we leave for Chateau Siran. Are there lockers in the train station for us to park our bags?
2. If we do get the car as soon as we arrive, and drive to the city center, is it hard to park? Would anyone have any suggestions on where to park?
3. Any suggestions where to eat lunch? Then what to do until 3pm?
4. Is Bordeaux easy to navigate? I suppose we'll be renting a gps system.
Thanks all for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days