A gaggle of women (we'll be 6, mid 40s, and hyperactive) will be arriving in Bordeaux at 1030am, renting a car, and driving to Chateau Siran where we were invited to stay. Since we're expected at Chateau Siran (1 hour away) about 4pm, we have between 11am-3pm to spend in Bordeaux. I know, too short, but that's really all the time we have. Next trip will be longer, I promise!
1. Should we get the car immediately upon arriving? I'm not clear where the train station is. I've read that Bordeaux is a walking town, but I presume you have to drive to the city center (or the historic part) first before walking around. The other option is, if the train station is within walking distance from the city center, is to walk around first, then get the car before we leave for Chateau Siran. Are there lockers in the train station for us to park our bags?
2. If we do get the car as soon as we arrive, and drive to the city center, is it hard to park? Would anyone have any suggestions on where to park?
3. Any suggestions where to eat lunch? Then what to do until 3pm?
4. Is Bordeaux easy to navigate? I suppose we'll be renting a gps system.
Thanks all for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.pureasiangarciniareview.com/dsn-pre-workout/
- 2 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 3 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 4 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 5 Ibiiza Spain
- 6 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 7 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 8 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 9 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 12 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 13 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 14 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 15 3 nights in Madrid
- 16 Help with Ireland Trip
- 17 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 18 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 19 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 20 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 21 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 22 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 23 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 24 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 25 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow