A gaggle of women (we'll be 6, mid 40s, and hyperactive) will be arriving in Bordeaux at 1030am, renting a car, and driving to Chateau Siran where we were invited to stay. Since we're expected at Chateau Siran (1 hour away) about 4pm, we have between 11am-3pm to spend in Bordeaux. I know, too short, but that's really all the time we have. Next trip will be longer, I promise!
1. Should we get the car immediately upon arriving? I'm not clear where the train station is. I've read that Bordeaux is a walking town, but I presume you have to drive to the city center (or the historic part) first before walking around. The other option is, if the train station is within walking distance from the city center, is to walk around first, then get the car before we leave for Chateau Siran. Are there lockers in the train station for us to park our bags?
2. If we do get the car as soon as we arrive, and drive to the city center, is it hard to park? Would anyone have any suggestions on where to park?
3. Any suggestions where to eat lunch? Then what to do until 3pm?
4. Is Bordeaux easy to navigate? I suppose we'll be renting a gps system.
Thanks all for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 travel fan 220v?
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 5 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 6 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 7 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 8 Guide in Russia
- 9 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 10 WWI Battlefields
- 11 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 14 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 20 Zadar or Sibenik
- 21 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 23 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 24 Rent a Car?
- 25 Whistle stop family road trip