A gaggle of women (we'll be 6, mid 40s, and hyperactive) will be arriving in Bordeaux at 1030am, renting a car, and driving to Chateau Siran where we were invited to stay. Since we're expected at Chateau Siran (1 hour away) about 4pm, we have between 11am-3pm to spend in Bordeaux. I know, too short, but that's really all the time we have. Next trip will be longer, I promise!
1. Should we get the car immediately upon arriving? I'm not clear where the train station is. I've read that Bordeaux is a walking town, but I presume you have to drive to the city center (or the historic part) first before walking around. The other option is, if the train station is within walking distance from the city center, is to walk around first, then get the car before we leave for Chateau Siran. Are there lockers in the train station for us to park our bags?
2. If we do get the car as soon as we arrive, and drive to the city center, is it hard to park? Would anyone have any suggestions on where to park?
3. Any suggestions where to eat lunch? Then what to do until 3pm?
4. Is Bordeaux easy to navigate? I suppose we'll be renting a gps system.
Thanks all for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May get together in Paris
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 4 Madrid/Lisbon
- 5 Day trips from Florence
- 6 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 7 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 8 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 18 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 19 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 20 Oporto
- 21 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 22 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 23 Perugia
- 24 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 25 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre