Please pardon the length of this message - I am desparate for information specific to my situation!
My friends (a couple) and I will be in Iceland for four days in mid August. We are planning on arriving on a Saturday and leaving on a Wednesday.
We have booked a bed and breakfast in Hafnarfjordur for the first night and plan on driving around and staying at a different place (as we explore the country) every night.
- Is it a good/bad idea to be arriving on a Saturday? Are most places open regular hours on the weekends?
- Is it a mistake to just have confirmed accommodation for the first night and assume that we can find rooms in B&Bs as we drive along? We will not have camping gear with us!
- Is it better to rent the car from an office in downtown Reykjavik or from the airport?
- Any particular car rental company that you may have had a bad experience with?
- Will we be O.K. driving around in a small car? So far we have reserved a Toyota Corolla because the space is enough for us and our budget is limited, but we're not sure how the roads are going to be.
- Should we worry about buying all the types of car insurance coverage that the rental company offers? We are good drivers (in our 30-40s and not at all the adventurous type), so the steep price of full insurance coverage seems a bit too much. I will be the primary driver and my credit card company covers the collision insurance on the rental car, but it does not cover medical, bodily damage (if not due to collision), etc.
- What are the gas prices like in Iceland?
Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 3 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 4 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 5 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 6 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 7 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 8 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 9 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 10 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 11 Scotland itinerary help
- 12 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 13 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 14 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Edinbrugh
- 17 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 18 Swimming to Paris
- 19 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 20 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 21 Istria in two days
- 22 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 25 Hiking in Switzerland