Since I bashed cheaptickets, I'd like to say something about our hotel experience. The Grand Hotel Jeanne D'arc charged us for the first night (9/14). I faxed them and explained we couldn't call because our phones were down due to 9/11. I got an immediate response (hours) via fax saying they'd refund the money. When I got my next Visa statement the refund still hadn't appeared, so I faxed them another letter asking for the status. The hotel called me and reassured me that she'd processed it the minute she'd gotten my first fax. She was extremely pleasant and I very much appreciated her call. I had very mixed feelings about the hotel when they'd originally charged us that fee, how they handled the refund completely turned my mind around.
9/11 refund--Grand Hotel Jeanne D'arc, Paris, very nice staff
- 1 Balkans in 4 weeks - Feasible itinerary?
- 2 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 5 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 6 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 7 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 8 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 9 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 10 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 11 Barcelona
- 12 Drive Rome Florence
- 13 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 14 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 15 Home base in Provence in July
- 16 Storage Madrid Airport
- 17 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 18 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 19 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 20 Tips and advice for first-timers to Europe
- 21 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 22 VISIT TO ANDALUCIA - SPAIN
- 23 Apartment in Seville
- 24 Booking flights to Istanbul on Turkish Air
- 25 Designer Deals in Barcelona and Venice