Traveling with my husband and planning on spending time in France and departing out of Barcelona. Looking for advice regarding itinerary and # of nights per location. A few questions: 1. Paris : 3 nts - stay near Eiffel Tower? We love walking, museums, romance, art , getting lost 2. Taking a train from Paris to either Loire valley or Provence area. What are your thoughts? Which area do you suggest of those 2? we are leaning towards provence. 4 nts - we want to explore, ride bikes, beautiful towns , etc. 3 nts or 4 ?We will rent a car in this destination to travel around 3. Flying out of Barcelona so planning on taking train to Barcelona and staying there 2 nights. Is that enough or should we take one night from Loire valley / Provence? My thoughts are "no" but welcome any and all opinions regarding must-see places, hotels. It's our 25th anniversary and have been all over Europe but never to France !! Thank you, in advance!
9 nights total - France and Barcelona
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Place to propose
- 2 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 3 Spain - Andalucia
- 4 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 5 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 6 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 9 Prague - must see
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Three for the road
- 12 Car in Prague
- 13 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 14 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 17 Public transport from Ostuni
- 18 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 19 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 20 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 21 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 22 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 25 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town