Traveling with my husband and planning on spending time in France and departing out of Barcelona. Looking for advice regarding itinerary and # of nights per location. A few questions: 1. Paris : 3 nts - stay near Eiffel Tower? We love walking, museums, romance, art , getting lost 2. Taking a train from Paris to either Loire valley or Provence area. What are your thoughts? Which area do you suggest of those 2? we are leaning towards provence. 4 nts - we want to explore, ride bikes, beautiful towns , etc. 3 nts or 4 ?We will rent a car in this destination to travel around 3. Flying out of Barcelona so planning on taking train to Barcelona and staying there 2 nights. Is that enough or should we take one night from Loire valley / Provence? My thoughts are "no" but welcome any and all opinions regarding must-see places, hotels. It's our 25th anniversary and have been all over Europe but never to France !! Thank you, in advance!
9 nights total - France and Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American Express
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 Which european city?
- 4 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 5 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 6 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 7 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 10 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 11 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 12 All Set To Go!!
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 16 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 17 Three ferries to Mull
- 18 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 19 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 20 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 21 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 22 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 23 Story of the German Christmas star
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??