DH and I just bought tickets to Istanbul for late May 2013 and have a total of nine nights to spend in Turkey -- not long enough, we know. This will be our first time in Turkey but we have traveled extensively in Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia before. Our primary interests for this trip are photography and hiking. We are thinking of spending 3-6 nights in Istanbul (staying in Sultanahmet -- I'm currently trying to narrow down hotel options there, looking for something centrally located with a great view) and probably 3 in Cappadocia (we definitely want to take a balloon ride in Cappadocia). Our main question is whether to just do those two locations or whether to limit our time in Istanbul to three nights and try to see somewhere else in Turkey for 2-3 nights (like Ephesus, or maybe spend some time on a boat along the coast?). Do people have recommendations about where we should base ourselves in Cappadocia? We would like to keep accommodations under about $200/night but could go over that for something special. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
9 nights in Turkey in late May -- Istanbul, Cappadocia, and where else?
- 1 Norway - Midsummer Celebration??
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 4 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 5 I Need To Vent!
- 6 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 7 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 8 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 9 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 10 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 11 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 12 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 13 Last monte Paris apartment
- 14 Wimpy's
- 15 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 16 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 17 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 18 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 19 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 20 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 21 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 22 jungfraujoch mid june
- 23 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 24 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 25 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?