DH and I just bought tickets to Istanbul for late May 2013 and have a total of nine nights to spend in Turkey -- not long enough, we know. This will be our first time in Turkey but we have traveled extensively in Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia before. Our primary interests for this trip are photography and hiking. We are thinking of spending 3-6 nights in Istanbul (staying in Sultanahmet -- I'm currently trying to narrow down hotel options there, looking for something centrally located with a great view) and probably 3 in Cappadocia (we definitely want to take a balloon ride in Cappadocia). Our main question is whether to just do those two locations or whether to limit our time in Istanbul to three nights and try to see somewhere else in Turkey for 2-3 nights (like Ephesus, or maybe spend some time on a boat along the coast?). Do people have recommendations about where we should base ourselves in Cappadocia? We would like to keep accommodations under about $200/night but could go over that for something special. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
9 nights in Turkey in late May -- Istanbul, Cappadocia, and where else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is legal to bring back to the US?
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 4 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 5 Day trips from Bologna
- 6 Terrorism in Europe
- 7 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 8 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 9 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 10 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 11 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 12 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 13 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 14 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 15 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 16 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 17 Grad Schools in London?
- 18 Mama Mia Italy!
- 19 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 20 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 21 Paris in black and white
- 22 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 23 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 24 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 25 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?