I'm new to the forums, but see there is a lot of great advice to be had here. My husband to be and I are planning our honeymoon trip to Italy in late June (next month), and I have a sort of dream itinerary, which goes:
1) arrive in Rome on the morning of the 21 (not too jet lagged as we will assuredly have slept on plane)
2) 21, 22, and 23 in Rome. We don't want to see everything, but major ancient Rome sites (Colosseum, Pantheon, Forum, Capitoline Hill), as well as the Vatican, and then we just want to wander the rest of the time.
2) Morning of 24th, depart early to Florence - stay in hotel in Piazza della Signoria area, and visit Uffizi early in the day, Galleria at some point later (just to see David) and stroll in the evening.
3) 25th, early, depart to Como - stay the weekend in Bellagio - no itinerary just relaxing, touring the lakes at our leisure, if at all
4) Mid-day monday, the 27th, travel to Venice - remain in Venice till departure on the 30th, for 2 1/2 days there. No side trips, just explore la serenissima.
I have read others comments that 4 destinations in 10 days is too many, and I know this may sound like a whirlwind, but we're pretty fast-paced types - restless. And chances are it will be our only trip to Italy (at least this decade!).
Candid advice, please. . . is it really too much? I wouldn't know what to cut. I know it will be quite hot out, so I'm thinking lakes will be a nice relaxing reprieve... also any advice on how to manage the late June weather, much appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Must Sights!
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 First trip to Italy
- 4 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 5 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 6 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 7 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 8 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 9 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 12 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 13 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 14 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 15 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 16 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 17 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 18 4 days in switzerland
- 19 Vienna or Budapest?
- 20 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 21 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 22 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 23 14 nights in Europe
- 24 French immersion courses in France
- 25 Berlin, germany