I'm new to the forums, but see there is a lot of great advice to be had here. My husband to be and I are planning our honeymoon trip to Italy in late June (next month), and I have a sort of dream itinerary, which goes:
1) arrive in Rome on the morning of the 21 (not too jet lagged as we will assuredly have slept on plane)
2) 21, 22, and 23 in Rome. We don't want to see everything, but major ancient Rome sites (Colosseum, Pantheon, Forum, Capitoline Hill), as well as the Vatican, and then we just want to wander the rest of the time.
2) Morning of 24th, depart early to Florence - stay in hotel in Piazza della Signoria area, and visit Uffizi early in the day, Galleria at some point later (just to see David) and stroll in the evening.
3) 25th, early, depart to Como - stay the weekend in Bellagio - no itinerary just relaxing, touring the lakes at our leisure, if at all
4) Mid-day monday, the 27th, travel to Venice - remain in Venice till departure on the 30th, for 2 1/2 days there. No side trips, just explore la serenissima.
I have read others comments that 4 destinations in 10 days is too many, and I know this may sound like a whirlwind, but we're pretty fast-paced types - restless. And chances are it will be our only trip to Italy (at least this decade!).
Candid advice, please. . . is it really too much? I wouldn't know what to cut. I know it will be quite hot out, so I'm thinking lakes will be a nice relaxing reprieve... also any advice on how to manage the late June weather, much appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 나눔로또 파워볼 ▶ 도메인 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 3 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 4 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 5 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Montserrat Express
- 8 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 9 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 10 International drivers permit
- 11 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 12 Places to stop/stay?
- 13 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 14 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 15 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 16 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 17 ATM help
- 18 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 19 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 20 Visit to Sardinia
- 21 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 22 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 23 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 24 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 25 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions