I'm new to the forums, but see there is a lot of great advice to be had here. My husband to be and I are planning our honeymoon trip to Italy in late June (next month), and I have a sort of dream itinerary, which goes:
1) arrive in Rome on the morning of the 21 (not too jet lagged as we will assuredly have slept on plane)
2) 21, 22, and 23 in Rome. We don't want to see everything, but major ancient Rome sites (Colosseum, Pantheon, Forum, Capitoline Hill), as well as the Vatican, and then we just want to wander the rest of the time.
2) Morning of 24th, depart early to Florence - stay in hotel in Piazza della Signoria area, and visit Uffizi early in the day, Galleria at some point later (just to see David) and stroll in the evening.
3) 25th, early, depart to Como - stay the weekend in Bellagio - no itinerary just relaxing, touring the lakes at our leisure, if at all
4) Mid-day monday, the 27th, travel to Venice - remain in Venice till departure on the 30th, for 2 1/2 days there. No side trips, just explore la serenissima.
I have read others comments that 4 destinations in 10 days is too many, and I know this may sound like a whirlwind, but we're pretty fast-paced types - restless. And chances are it will be our only trip to Italy (at least this decade!).
Candid advice, please. . . is it really too much? I wouldn't know what to cut. I know it will be quite hot out, so I'm thinking lakes will be a nice relaxing reprieve... also any advice on how to manage the late June weather, much appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 2 Getting around London
- 3 Paris in August
- 4 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 7 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 8 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 9 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 10 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 11 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 12 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 13 Andalucia Spain
- 14 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 15 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 16 Vigo Spain????
- 17 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 18 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 19 SURPRISE TRIP
- 20 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground