I'm new to the forums, but see there is a lot of great advice to be had here. My husband to be and I are planning our honeymoon trip to Italy in late June (next month), and I have a sort of dream itinerary, which goes:
1) arrive in Rome on the morning of the 21 (not too jet lagged as we will assuredly have slept on plane)
2) 21, 22, and 23 in Rome. We don't want to see everything, but major ancient Rome sites (Colosseum, Pantheon, Forum, Capitoline Hill), as well as the Vatican, and then we just want to wander the rest of the time.
2) Morning of 24th, depart early to Florence - stay in hotel in Piazza della Signoria area, and visit Uffizi early in the day, Galleria at some point later (just to see David) and stroll in the evening.
3) 25th, early, depart to Como - stay the weekend in Bellagio - no itinerary just relaxing, touring the lakes at our leisure, if at all
4) Mid-day monday, the 27th, travel to Venice - remain in Venice till departure on the 30th, for 2 1/2 days there. No side trips, just explore la serenissima.
I have read others comments that 4 destinations in 10 days is too many, and I know this may sound like a whirlwind, but we're pretty fast-paced types - restless. And chances are it will be our only trip to Italy (at least this decade!).
Candid advice, please. . . is it really too much? I wouldn't know what to cut. I know it will be quite hot out, so I'm thinking lakes will be a nice relaxing reprieve... also any advice on how to manage the late June weather, much appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest main train station status
- 2 Train Ticket Krakow to Budapest
- 3 Europe in 30 days: itinerary suggestions, anyone?! Please and thank you!
- 4 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 5 Any flight from London to Rimini?
- 6 Itinerary Check-In
- 7 PASSPORT number changed
- 8 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 9 Scotland itinerary
- 10 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 11 10 Days in Tuscany
- 12 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 13 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 14 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 15 Ice for a cooler
- 16 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 17 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 18 Getting Around Toledo
- 19 Going to Montmartre from Gare du Nord totally off the beaten track
- 20 Does the Paris Museum Pass cover the Picasso Museum?
- 21 Ireland - Insight into group tours/budget
- 22 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 23 Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!
- 24 Seine river cruise help
- 25 Kandersteg - Muddy Boots?