I'm new to the forums, but see there is a lot of great advice to be had here. My husband to be and I are planning our honeymoon trip to Italy in late June (next month), and I have a sort of dream itinerary, which goes:
1) arrive in Rome on the morning of the 21 (not too jet lagged as we will assuredly have slept on plane)
2) 21, 22, and 23 in Rome. We don't want to see everything, but major ancient Rome sites (Colosseum, Pantheon, Forum, Capitoline Hill), as well as the Vatican, and then we just want to wander the rest of the time.
2) Morning of 24th, depart early to Florence - stay in hotel in Piazza della Signoria area, and visit Uffizi early in the day, Galleria at some point later (just to see David) and stroll in the evening.
3) 25th, early, depart to Como - stay the weekend in Bellagio - no itinerary just relaxing, touring the lakes at our leisure, if at all
4) Mid-day monday, the 27th, travel to Venice - remain in Venice till departure on the 30th, for 2 1/2 days there. No side trips, just explore la serenissima.
I have read others comments that 4 destinations in 10 days is too many, and I know this may sound like a whirlwind, but we're pretty fast-paced types - restless. And chances are it will be our only trip to Italy (at least this decade!).
Candid advice, please. . . is it really too much? I wouldn't know what to cut. I know it will be quite hot out, so I'm thinking lakes will be a nice relaxing reprieve... also any advice on how to manage the late June weather, much appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 4 Greek Village
- 5 Rome to Venice
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 PARIS
- 11 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 12 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 13 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 14 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 17 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 18 Rome -- The next time around
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Bordeaux to Nice
- 23 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 24 "Too Much Cows"
- 25 Austrian Train Purchase from US