I'm new to the forums, but see there is a lot of great advice to be had here. My husband to be and I are planning our honeymoon trip to Italy in late June (next month), and I have a sort of dream itinerary, which goes:
1) arrive in Rome on the morning of the 21 (not too jet lagged as we will assuredly have slept on plane)
2) 21, 22, and 23 in Rome. We don't want to see everything, but major ancient Rome sites (Colosseum, Pantheon, Forum, Capitoline Hill), as well as the Vatican, and then we just want to wander the rest of the time.
2) Morning of 24th, depart early to Florence - stay in hotel in Piazza della Signoria area, and visit Uffizi early in the day, Galleria at some point later (just to see David) and stroll in the evening.
3) 25th, early, depart to Como - stay the weekend in Bellagio - no itinerary just relaxing, touring the lakes at our leisure, if at all
4) Mid-day monday, the 27th, travel to Venice - remain in Venice till departure on the 30th, for 2 1/2 days there. No side trips, just explore la serenissima.
I have read others comments that 4 destinations in 10 days is too many, and I know this may sound like a whirlwind, but we're pretty fast-paced types - restless. And chances are it will be our only trip to Italy (at least this decade!).
Candid advice, please. . . is it really too much? I wouldn't know what to cut. I know it will be quite hot out, so I'm thinking lakes will be a nice relaxing reprieve... also any advice on how to manage the late June weather, much appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
9 full days in Italy - 4 destinations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 3 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 4 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 5 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 6 Avignon to London?
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 11 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 12 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 13 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 14 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 15 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 16 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 17 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 18 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 22 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 23 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 24 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 25 Palm Sunday in Paris