I have a business trip on 9th to13th March 2013 in Frankfurt, Germany. I intend to extend my stay from 14th to 22nd March. Frankfurt will be my base. I would like to explore Munich, Berlin and Cologne. Aside from this, I want to have a day or 2 in Paris. I also want to go to other countries like Benelux and Switzerland.
My questions are:
1. Would it be possible to visit those cities and countries within 9 days?
2. Can someone provide me with suggestions on how to cover those cities and countries?
3. Any ideas or tips, would it be wise to buy point-to-point ticket or purchase a ticket pass like Eurorail? (I'm thinking of traveling at night using train from crossing one country to another, this is to save cost on lodging).
4. Any suggestion on lodging like inn or hostel?
Would appreciate your tips / suggestions. Thanks a lot!
9 Days of Travel in Europe
- 1 Prague Itinerary
- 2 10 Day Trip to Turkey
- 3 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 4 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 5 Granada on Sunday
- 6 Four Days in Seville
- 7 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 8 St. Peter's Tomb at the Necropolis Scavi Fact or Fiction?
- 9 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 10 Home base in Provence in July
- 11 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 12 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 13 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 14 Revamped Summer Plan - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 15 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 16 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 17 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 18 Northern Italy
- 19 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 20 Formal Tours of the Marais paris
- 21 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 22 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 23 Best area for wine and which one?
- 24 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 25 Four days to wander France???