We are three women from India who will be meeting in and travelling from Rome on May 26th, 2013 for an 8 nights stay in the Amalfi Region this year. We plan to take the train from Rome to Naples and then the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento where we will spend 3-4 nights, including one night in Capri. We then plan to take the SITA bus to Ravello and stay two nights there, because we love the countryside and hill walks around there. From Ravello, we go to Positano and spend 3 nights there. We plan to do the Sentiero degli dei (Path of the Gods) from Agerola to Noccine whilst we are in Positano. I am now wondering if it were better to stay in one place instead of moving after every few days....which would be the best place to stay. A good relaxing hotel and stunning views and easily transport accessibility would be perfect. I was thinking of staying a week in Praiano, but would that be too quiet or restricting for us to enjoy a bit of nightlife or access to good food etc. We would like to spend not more than Euros 100 -120 per night on a triple sharing basis, inclusive of breakfast...any suggestions would be most welcome....
9 days in the Amalfi coast region
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 2 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 3 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 4 Family European winter holiday
- 5 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 8 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 9 Car in Prague
- 10 2 Week European Itinerary
- 11 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 12 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 13 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 14 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 17 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 18 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 19 Rome Accommodation
- 20 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 21 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 22 Italian Lakes gardens
- 23 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 24 Dresden Train Station
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris