We are three women from India who will be meeting in and travelling from Rome on May 26th, 2013 for an 8 nights stay in the Amalfi Region this year. We plan to take the train from Rome to Naples and then the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento where we will spend 3-4 nights, including one night in Capri. We then plan to take the SITA bus to Ravello and stay two nights there, because we love the countryside and hill walks around there. From Ravello, we go to Positano and spend 3 nights there. We plan to do the Sentiero degli dei (Path of the Gods) from Agerola to Noccine whilst we are in Positano. I am now wondering if it were better to stay in one place instead of moving after every few days....which would be the best place to stay. A good relaxing hotel and stunning views and easily transport accessibility would be perfect. I was thinking of staying a week in Praiano, but would that be too quiet or restricting for us to enjoy a bit of nightlife or access to good food etc. We would like to spend not more than Euros 100 -120 per night on a triple sharing basis, inclusive of breakfast...any suggestions would be most welcome....
9 days in the Amalfi coast region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 2 Cotswold Churches
- 3 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 4 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 5 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 6 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 7 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 8 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 9 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 10 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 11 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 12 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 13 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 14 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 15 London Trip Travel
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 17 I dream of Europe
- 18 Weekend in Norfolk
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 St Germain
- 21 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 22 Autumn in Paris
- 23 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 24 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 25 Norway 2014