My family (2 adults, 4 teenagers) arrives in the AM in Rome on a Sunday and we are hoping to see Rome and possibly Florence or the Amafli Coast and Capri. I had intended to stay in an apartment in Rome for the whole time and do side-trips. Recently I was advised that most places to visit in Rome are closed on Sunday and Monday, so that we should probably try to start elsewhere and then just stay in Rome for the rest of the trip. Is this good advice? Any recommendations on an itinerary where we would not need to rent a car?
9 days in Rome and Southern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 2 Best beach town in Italy?
- 3 Italy and Croatia
- 4 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 5 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 9 Five nights in Extremadura
- 10 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 11 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 12 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 13 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 14 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 15 trip to norway
- 16 Is Venice really dirty?
- 17 Where to go in France mid July?
- 18 Help with England/Wales tour
- 19 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 20 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 21 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 22 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 23 Cotswold Churches
- 24 A Greek sojourn
- 25 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris