I am asking this for a friend and her family and would really appreciate your advice.
They will be taking an 11 day vacation in Portugal, including travel days, in early August, and are planing to spend the 9 full days they have in the Lisbon area so they do not have to spend time checking in and out of different hotels. They would like to spend time at beautiful beaches, see Lisbon, Sintra and visit Evora, among other sightseeing.
Should they stay in or outside Lisbon? If outside, which town should they stay in to make it easier to visit the places they want to see?
Another option I recommended was to spend a few days in Lisbon and the rest in another town outside the city.
As well, any other day trips they should consider?
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 2 Andalucia itinerary help
- 3 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 6 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 7 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 8 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 9 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 15 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 16 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 17 Santorini lodging
- 18 Spain and South of France
- 19 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 20 Algarve location Help
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 23 Ischia
- 24 Killarney
- 25 Romania - Good destination for 2017