My husband and I will arrive in Rome April 29 after a transatlantic cruise, hopefully with minimal jet-lag.. We have arranged to stay in Rome the first 3 nights as well as the last night before we fly home. With so many wonderful places to see we are having trouble deciding between going down to Sorrento, Positano & Capri or going north and east to Tuscany & Venice for the days in between. Whichever we decide on we want to stay in one spot and take day trips only. We are both in our 60's and my husband's back problems may require we do more vehicle touring than walking. We never know for sure. We know we can only scratch the service but would really enjoy at least a little small town local feel as well as the must see attractions. Another concern I have is getting from one area to another. My husband thinks we can take trains everywhere. But I'm concerned about trying to navigate public transportation with luggage especially if there are many changes. From what I read private drivers are quite expensive but seem like they might be worth it. We'd appreciate any advice or suggestions including any for B&B's or family type hotels.Thank you.
9 days in Italy-need help with itinery after Rome
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal in September
- 2 Travel by train or bus
- 3 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 7 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 8 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 9 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 10 Medieval Tallinn
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 13 London for Christmas
- 14 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 15 Advises for trip to Russia
- 16 Family European winter holiday
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 19 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 20 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 21 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 22 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 23 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 Euro Train