My husband and I will arrive in Rome April 29 after a transatlantic cruise, hopefully with minimal jet-lag.. We have arranged to stay in Rome the first 3 nights as well as the last night before we fly home. With so many wonderful places to see we are having trouble deciding between going down to Sorrento, Positano & Capri or going north and east to Tuscany & Venice for the days in between. Whichever we decide on we want to stay in one spot and take day trips only. We are both in our 60's and my husband's back problems may require we do more vehicle touring than walking. We never know for sure. We know we can only scratch the service but would really enjoy at least a little small town local feel as well as the must see attractions. Another concern I have is getting from one area to another. My husband thinks we can take trains everywhere. But I'm concerned about trying to navigate public transportation with luggage especially if there are many changes. From what I read private drivers are quite expensive but seem like they might be worth it. We'd appreciate any advice or suggestions including any for B&B's or family type hotels.Thank you.
9 days in Italy-need help with itinery after Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 3 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 4 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 7 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 8 Chip but no PIN
- 9 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 10 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 11 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 12 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 13 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 14 Stay near Paris
- 15 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 16 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 17 Oktoberfest reservations
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 20 Eurostar booking
- 21 Questions for my German friends
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 24 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 25 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?