My husband and I will arrive in Rome April 29 after a transatlantic cruise, hopefully with minimal jet-lag.. We have arranged to stay in Rome the first 3 nights as well as the last night before we fly home. With so many wonderful places to see we are having trouble deciding between going down to Sorrento, Positano & Capri or going north and east to Tuscany & Venice for the days in between. Whichever we decide on we want to stay in one spot and take day trips only. We are both in our 60's and my husband's back problems may require we do more vehicle touring than walking. We never know for sure. We know we can only scratch the service but would really enjoy at least a little small town local feel as well as the must see attractions. Another concern I have is getting from one area to another. My husband thinks we can take trains everywhere. But I'm concerned about trying to navigate public transportation with luggage especially if there are many changes. From what I read private drivers are quite expensive but seem like they might be worth it. We'd appreciate any advice or suggestions including any for B&B's or family type hotels.Thank you.
9 days in Italy-need help with itinery after Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 2 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 3 Nice Video about Poland
- 4 Where to stay in Rome
- 5 Lavender Fields
- 6 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 7 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 8 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 11 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 14 Munich
- 15 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 16 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 17 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 18 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 19 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 20 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 21 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 22 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 23 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 24 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid