I just found out that my fiancé and I will be taking our first-ever trip to Italy! It's pretty short-notice, as we leave on Sept. 26 from Toronto, Canada.
Not sure how to best spend our 9 days there. We will likely be heading to the Amalfi Coast and are wondering how feasible it is to try and fit another destination in, as well? If we spent 4-5 days in a town(s) along the coast (suggestions welcomed!), where would be a good place to head for the duration of our trip (somewhere within reasonable distance to Naples, please)? Side-note: I wish Tuscany and/or Venice were closer, as I'm dying to visit both of those locations, as well. However, since we'll likely by flying into/out of Naples, I suppose T & V will have to wait until our next trip to Italy *sigh*
It would, after all, be crazy to attempt the Amalfi Coast AND Tuscany (or Venice) in a 9 day trip... right?! Right. Just checking
Chances are we won't get back to Italy for many years, so I'd like to make an effort to see as much as possible - within reason. That said, we also want to allow ourselves the chance to relax and enjoy and NOT be on the go the entire time.
Not enough time to see/do everything we'd like to in Italy... first-world problem?!
Thanks, in advance, for your help!
9 days in Italy - help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 2 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 3 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 4 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 5 London and Where Else in late December?
- 6 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 7 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 8 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 9 London - Site List Triage -
- 10 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 11 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 12 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 15 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 16 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 17 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 18 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 19 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 20 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 21 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 22 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 23 Southern Ireland Help
- 24 Bologna tips
- 25 Electronic plug adapter for Italy