I just found out that my fiancé and I will be taking our first-ever trip to Italy! It's pretty short-notice, as we leave on Sept. 26 from Toronto, Canada.
Not sure how to best spend our 9 days there. We will likely be heading to the Amalfi Coast and are wondering how feasible it is to try and fit another destination in, as well? If we spent 4-5 days in a town(s) along the coast (suggestions welcomed!), where would be a good place to head for the duration of our trip (somewhere within reasonable distance to Naples, please)? Side-note: I wish Tuscany and/or Venice were closer, as I'm dying to visit both of those locations, as well. However, since we'll likely by flying into/out of Naples, I suppose T & V will have to wait until our next trip to Italy *sigh*
It would, after all, be crazy to attempt the Amalfi Coast AND Tuscany (or Venice) in a 9 day trip... right?! Right. Just checking
Chances are we won't get back to Italy for many years, so I'd like to make an effort to see as much as possible - within reason. That said, we also want to allow ourselves the chance to relax and enjoy and NOT be on the go the entire time.
Not enough time to see/do everything we'd like to in Italy... first-world problem?!
Thanks, in advance, for your help!
9 days in Italy - help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 2 Three days in Spain
- 3 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 4 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 5 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 6 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 7 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 8 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 9 Prague - Tram #22
- 10 Day trip from London to Paris
- 11 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 12 A drive in Europe
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 15 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 16 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 17 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 18 London hotel
- 19 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 20 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 21 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 22 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 23 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 24 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 25 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan