I just found out that my fiancé and I will be taking our first-ever trip to Italy! It's pretty short-notice, as we leave on Sept. 26 from Toronto, Canada.
Not sure how to best spend our 9 days there. We will likely be heading to the Amalfi Coast and are wondering how feasible it is to try and fit another destination in, as well? If we spent 4-5 days in a town(s) along the coast (suggestions welcomed!), where would be a good place to head for the duration of our trip (somewhere within reasonable distance to Naples, please)? Side-note: I wish Tuscany and/or Venice were closer, as I'm dying to visit both of those locations, as well. However, since we'll likely by flying into/out of Naples, I suppose T & V will have to wait until our next trip to Italy *sigh*
It would, after all, be crazy to attempt the Amalfi Coast AND Tuscany (or Venice) in a 9 day trip... right?! Right. Just checking
Chances are we won't get back to Italy for many years, so I'd like to make an effort to see as much as possible - within reason. That said, we also want to allow ourselves the chance to relax and enjoy and NOT be on the go the entire time.
Not enough time to see/do everything we'd like to in Italy... first-world problem?!
Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in December
- 2 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 UK Visa Help
- 5 K-Day
- 6 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 9 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 12 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 13 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 14 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 15 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 16 Trip to Rome
- 17 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 18 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 20 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 23 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please