I just found out that my fiancé and I will be taking our first-ever trip to Italy! It's pretty short-notice, as we leave on Sept. 26 from Toronto, Canada.
Not sure how to best spend our 9 days there. We will likely be heading to the Amalfi Coast and are wondering how feasible it is to try and fit another destination in, as well? If we spent 4-5 days in a town(s) along the coast (suggestions welcomed!), where would be a good place to head for the duration of our trip (somewhere within reasonable distance to Naples, please)? Side-note: I wish Tuscany and/or Venice were closer, as I'm dying to visit both of those locations, as well. However, since we'll likely by flying into/out of Naples, I suppose T & V will have to wait until our next trip to Italy *sigh*
It would, after all, be crazy to attempt the Amalfi Coast AND Tuscany (or Venice) in a 9 day trip... right?! Right. Just checking
Chances are we won't get back to Italy for many years, so I'd like to make an effort to see as much as possible - within reason. That said, we also want to allow ourselves the chance to relax and enjoy and NOT be on the go the entire time.
Not enough time to see/do everything we'd like to in Italy... first-world problem?!
Thanks, in advance, for your help!
9 days in Italy - help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 2 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 3 American Express
- 4 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 8 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 9 Three ferries to Mull
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 13 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 14 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 20 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 21 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 22 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 23 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 24 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 25 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?