I just found out that my fiancé and I will be taking our first-ever trip to Italy! It's pretty short-notice, as we leave on Sept. 26 from Toronto, Canada.
Not sure how to best spend our 9 days there. We will likely be heading to the Amalfi Coast and are wondering how feasible it is to try and fit another destination in, as well? If we spent 4-5 days in a town(s) along the coast (suggestions welcomed!), where would be a good place to head for the duration of our trip (somewhere within reasonable distance to Naples, please)? Side-note: I wish Tuscany and/or Venice were closer, as I'm dying to visit both of those locations, as well. However, since we'll likely by flying into/out of Naples, I suppose T & V will have to wait until our next trip to Italy *sigh*
It would, after all, be crazy to attempt the Amalfi Coast AND Tuscany (or Venice) in a 9 day trip... right?! Right. Just checking
Chances are we won't get back to Italy for many years, so I'd like to make an effort to see as much as possible - within reason. That said, we also want to allow ourselves the chance to relax and enjoy and NOT be on the go the entire time.
Not enough time to see/do everything we'd like to in Italy... first-world problem?!
Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days with a Swindon base
- 2 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 3 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 4 French lavender and cottages
- 5 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 6 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 7 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 8 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 9 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 10 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 11 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 12 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 13 Major quake in central Itay
- 14 One quick week -- where in France?
- 15 Brugge or Ghent?
- 16 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 17 Portugal First Timers, 3 Q's
- 18 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 19 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 20 Budapest on a budget
- 21 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 22 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 25 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...