I just found out that my fiancé and I will be taking our first-ever trip to Italy! It's pretty short-notice, as we leave on Sept. 26 from Toronto, Canada.
Not sure how to best spend our 9 days there. We will likely be heading to the Amalfi Coast and are wondering how feasible it is to try and fit another destination in, as well? If we spent 4-5 days in a town(s) along the coast (suggestions welcomed!), where would be a good place to head for the duration of our trip (somewhere within reasonable distance to Naples, please)? Side-note: I wish Tuscany and/or Venice were closer, as I'm dying to visit both of those locations, as well. However, since we'll likely by flying into/out of Naples, I suppose T & V will have to wait until our next trip to Italy *sigh*
It would, after all, be crazy to attempt the Amalfi Coast AND Tuscany (or Venice) in a 9 day trip... right?! Right. Just checking
Chances are we won't get back to Italy for many years, so I'd like to make an effort to see as much as possible - within reason. That said, we also want to allow ourselves the chance to relax and enjoy and NOT be on the go the entire time.
Not enough time to see/do everything we'd like to in Italy... first-world problem?!
Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini