I just found out that my fiancé and I will be taking our first-ever trip to Italy! It's pretty short-notice, as we leave on Sept. 26 from Toronto, Canada.
Not sure how to best spend our 9 days there. We will likely be heading to the Amalfi Coast and are wondering how feasible it is to try and fit another destination in, as well? If we spent 4-5 days in a town(s) along the coast (suggestions welcomed!), where would be a good place to head for the duration of our trip (somewhere within reasonable distance to Naples, please)? Side-note: I wish Tuscany and/or Venice were closer, as I'm dying to visit both of those locations, as well. However, since we'll likely by flying into/out of Naples, I suppose T & V will have to wait until our next trip to Italy *sigh*
It would, after all, be crazy to attempt the Amalfi Coast AND Tuscany (or Venice) in a 9 day trip... right?! Right. Just checking
Chances are we won't get back to Italy for many years, so I'd like to make an effort to see as much as possible - within reason. That said, we also want to allow ourselves the chance to relax and enjoy and NOT be on the go the entire time.
Not enough time to see/do everything we'd like to in Italy... first-world problem?!
Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi or Positano
- 2 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 3 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 4 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 5 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 6 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 7 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 8 Public Transport information App/Website
- 9 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 10 Rome to Portofino -
- 11 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 12 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 13 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 14 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 15 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 16 Sim Card
- 17 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 18 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 19 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 20 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 21 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 22 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 23 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 24 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 25 5 women, Italy, need suggestions