I just found out that my fiancé and I will be taking our first-ever trip to Italy! It's pretty short-notice, as we leave on Sept. 26 from Toronto, Canada.
Not sure how to best spend our 9 days there. We will likely be heading to the Amalfi Coast and are wondering how feasible it is to try and fit another destination in, as well? If we spent 4-5 days in a town(s) along the coast (suggestions welcomed!), where would be a good place to head for the duration of our trip (somewhere within reasonable distance to Naples, please)? Side-note: I wish Tuscany and/or Venice were closer, as I'm dying to visit both of those locations, as well. However, since we'll likely by flying into/out of Naples, I suppose T & V will have to wait until our next trip to Italy *sigh*
It would, after all, be crazy to attempt the Amalfi Coast AND Tuscany (or Venice) in a 9 day trip... right?! Right. Just checking
Chances are we won't get back to Italy for many years, so I'd like to make an effort to see as much as possible - within reason. That said, we also want to allow ourselves the chance to relax and enjoy and NOT be on the go the entire time.
Not enough time to see/do everything we'd like to in Italy... first-world problem?!
Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 3 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 4 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 8 Paris day trips August
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 12 Transportation from Brno train station
- 13 Petrol in Greece
- 14 Where to enjoy Paris
- 15 Acorn TV
- 16 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 17 Athens
- 18 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 19 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 20 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 23 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 24 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 25 We're here!