I am so excited to go on a euro trip with my best friend. As some of you may notice from my other posts, we are two young adult females going on a trip around Europe as a grad present to ourselves.
We will be in florence for 9 days as kind of our home base in italy (we dont want to do a lot of jumping around since we will be there for three months so are spending an extended amount of time in each city we visit).
Does anyone have any suggestions on what we really cant miss while here. we are definitely open to doing numerous day trips - we are just not quiet sure what exactly is around that is close enough. we also wouldnt mind doing an overnight stay somewhere where isnt more than 2-3 hrs away on the train.
Thank you all and all comments are very appreciated since we don't have too much experience travelling.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 5 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 6 Flamenco in October
- 7 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 8 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 9 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 12 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 13 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 16 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 17 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 20 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Questions about Polish sights
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions