We have decided to take our two young one (4 years old and 1 year old) to Iceland this Sept. We intend to rent a car and drive around. Basically with the kids, we don't like to rush around too much. What are your recommendations for overnight stays- hostels with family rooms/ guesthouses or cheap hotels?
Besides the Golden Circle, where else is interesting and not too child unfriendly? Also, are most of the attractions (such as the waterfalls, glaciers, lava field, fault line etc fairly accessible by car or do they require serious hiking?
Thanks a heap.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1888:482:3831 installation CONTACT CANON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 3 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 4 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 5 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 hill of crosses
- 10 Planning A trip
- 11 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 12 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 13 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 14 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 15 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 16 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 21 Italy June 6-16
- 22 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 23 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 24 Austria Trip Report
- 25 Driving through Paris