We have decided to take our two young one (4 years old and 1 year old) to Iceland this Sept. We intend to rent a car and drive around. Basically with the kids, we don't like to rush around too much. What are your recommendations for overnight stays- hostels with family rooms/ guesthouses or cheap hotels?
Besides the Golden Circle, where else is interesting and not too child unfriendly? Also, are most of the attractions (such as the waterfalls, glaciers, lava field, fault line etc fairly accessible by car or do they require serious hiking?
Thanks a heap.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 2 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 3 Azores
- 4 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 7 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 8 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Short Trip in July
- 11 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 12 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 13 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 18 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 19 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 20 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 21 Sim Card Options
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 38 Days in Paris
- 24 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 25 Sim card/Amsterdam