We have decided to take our two young one (4 years old and 1 year old) to Iceland this Sept. We intend to rent a car and drive around. Basically with the kids, we don't like to rush around too much. What are your recommendations for overnight stays- hostels with family rooms/ guesthouses or cheap hotels?
Besides the Golden Circle, where else is interesting and not too child unfriendly? Also, are most of the attractions (such as the waterfalls, glaciers, lava field, fault line etc fairly accessible by car or do they require serious hiking?
Thanks a heap.
9 days Iceland with two young kids
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 2 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 3 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 4 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 5 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 6 Italian itinerary ~ 28 days - review and assistance
- 7 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 8 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 9 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 10 Transports in Santorini
- 11 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 13 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 14 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 15 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 16 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 17 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands
- 18 Olive Oil
- 19 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 22 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 23 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 24 Ortisei and Castelrotto trip report
- 25 Trip Report : North of Spain