We have decided to take our two young one (4 years old and 1 year old) to Iceland this Sept. We intend to rent a car and drive around. Basically with the kids, we don't like to rush around too much. What are your recommendations for overnight stays- hostels with family rooms/ guesthouses or cheap hotels?
Besides the Golden Circle, where else is interesting and not too child unfriendly? Also, are most of the attractions (such as the waterfalls, glaciers, lava field, fault line etc fairly accessible by car or do they require serious hiking?
Thanks a heap.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 2 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 3 Summer holiday's in Zermatt - Switzerland
- 4 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 5 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 Cheap Hotel in Prague
- 9 Pensione Suzanne, Vienna
- 10 kureiff and dcd
- 11 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 12 February in Florence
- 13 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 14 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 15 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 16 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 17 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 18 PLITVICE LAKES
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 Loire Valley itinerary
- 21 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 22 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 23 Should we go to Vienna?
- 24 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 25 11 days in Andalusia