We have decided to take our two young one (4 years old and 1 year old) to Iceland this Sept. We intend to rent a car and drive around. Basically with the kids, we don't like to rush around too much. What are your recommendations for overnight stays- hostels with family rooms/ guesthouses or cheap hotels?
Besides the Golden Circle, where else is interesting and not too child unfriendly? Also, are most of the attractions (such as the waterfalls, glaciers, lava field, fault line etc fairly accessible by car or do they require serious hiking?
Thanks a heap.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 2 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 3 London's Must Sights!
- 4 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 5 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 6 First trip to Italy
- 7 England and Wales by public transport
- 8 Vienna or Budapest?
- 9 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 10 Ireland & Scotland
- 11 Scenic Driving Routes
- 12 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 13 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 14 Andalucia in December
- 15 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 16 Budapest Hotels
- 17 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 20 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 21 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 22 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 23 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 24 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 25 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!