So it appears that I will be taking a rather impromptu trip to Spain (along the east coast mostly) with a good friend of mine Sept 4-14th (so only a few weeks from now!) and I was wanting to get some advice on a few things...
We are planning on flying into Barcelona and staying there for about 2 days, taking a train (I believe) to Valencia (staying there for 1 day), then heading down to Almeria where her parent's house is (for 3 days). From there, we plan to head up to Madrid (possibly fly) and stay there for about 2 days, then fly home out of Madrid. We are meeting up in Toronto and flying the main leg together on Sept 4th, but will be flying back separately coming home.
One of my first questions is if this a good itinerary idea? Or should we see something else along the way? We want to stay the longest at her parents house to save money (obviously) so that is to be kept in mind. Secondly, is it better to utilize public transportation while in major cities, then take a train to get from major city to major city? Next, we are already planning on getting a rental car while we are in Almeria because of the location of her parent's house (it's on a hill, windy roads, etc.). We are 22 and 23 years old. Are there any recommended rental car websites? (We are also prepared for a large security deposit because we are underage for renting cars).
Any other advice would be most helpful! Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 2 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 7 Swiss Travel Pass
- 8 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 9 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 10 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 11 Athens
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 20 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 21 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 22 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 23 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out