So it appears that I will be taking a rather impromptu trip to Spain (along the east coast mostly) with a good friend of mine Sept 4-14th (so only a few weeks from now!) and I was wanting to get some advice on a few things...
We are planning on flying into Barcelona and staying there for about 2 days, taking a train (I believe) to Valencia (staying there for 1 day), then heading down to Almeria where her parent's house is (for 3 days). From there, we plan to head up to Madrid (possibly fly) and stay there for about 2 days, then fly home out of Madrid. We are meeting up in Toronto and flying the main leg together on Sept 4th, but will be flying back separately coming home.
One of my first questions is if this a good itinerary idea? Or should we see something else along the way? We want to stay the longest at her parents house to save money (obviously) so that is to be kept in mind. Secondly, is it better to utilize public transportation while in major cities, then take a train to get from major city to major city? Next, we are already planning on getting a rental car while we are in Almeria because of the location of her parent's house (it's on a hill, windy roads, etc.). We are 22 and 23 years old. Are there any recommended rental car websites? (We are also prepared for a large security deposit because we are underage for renting cars).
Any other advice would be most helpful! Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 2 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 4 Use of Train Tickets
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 7 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 10 First Trip to Paris
- 11 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 16 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 US foods not available in the UK
- 19 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 20 Amsterdam and...?
- 21 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 22 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 23 Andalucia Spain
- 24 Whistle stop family road trip
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!