So it appears that I will be taking a rather impromptu trip to Spain (along the east coast mostly) with a good friend of mine Sept 4-14th (so only a few weeks from now!) and I was wanting to get some advice on a few things...
We are planning on flying into Barcelona and staying there for about 2 days, taking a train (I believe) to Valencia (staying there for 1 day), then heading down to Almeria where her parent's house is (for 3 days). From there, we plan to head up to Madrid (possibly fly) and stay there for about 2 days, then fly home out of Madrid. We are meeting up in Toronto and flying the main leg together on Sept 4th, but will be flying back separately coming home.
One of my first questions is if this a good itinerary idea? Or should we see something else along the way? We want to stay the longest at her parents house to save money (obviously) so that is to be kept in mind. Secondly, is it better to utilize public transportation while in major cities, then take a train to get from major city to major city? Next, we are already planning on getting a rental car while we are in Almeria because of the location of her parent's house (it's on a hill, windy roads, etc.). We are 22 and 23 years old. Are there any recommended rental car websites? (We are also prepared for a large security deposit because we are underage for renting cars).
Any other advice would be most helpful! Thanks everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 7 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 8 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Bordeaux to Nice
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Berlin
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona