We are travelling to Scotland during September for almost 9 days . We are a couple in mid 30's and enjoy nature, adventure & nightlife. We are not interested in museums or any historic sites. Below is the plan that we came up with.
Day 1 – Land in Glasgow in AM, Stay Overnight
AM - Visit Glasgow West end and Byers road (Cab)
PM – Nightlife ( Cab)
Day 2 - Spend Day in Glasgow, Stay overnight
AM – Visit Loch Lomond (Cab)
PM - Nightlife ( Cab)
Day 3 - Train from Glasgow Queens Station to Fort William, Jacobite Train round Trip, Overnight in Fort Williams
Day 4 - Drive from Fort Williams to Nevis Range Mountain Resort, Drive to from Nevis Range to Lochness and Caledonian Canal, Overnight in Fort William
Day 5 - Day trip to Aviemore - Loch of Eilein and Funicular Railway, Overnight in Fort William.
Day 6 - Drive from Fort William to Portree, Isle of Skye via Kyle of Lochalsh (3.5 hours), Overnight in Portree
Day 7 - Drive Old Mon of Storr, Kilk Rock and Fairy Glen, Dunvegan Castle ,Overnight in Portree
Day 8 - Drive to SkyGuides, Fairy Pools and Oyster Shed, Overnight in Portree
Day 9 - Drive from Portree to Fort William via Armadale Ferry (4 hours) . Depart at 11:30 AM , Drop the car, and Take the train to Glasgow ( Train at 2:58 PM reaching Glasgow at 6:15) ) , Dinner at Glasgow
Day 10 - Flight back from Glasgow to United States in AM
We have already made the bookings for Stay, Train and Rental car.
Does the Funicular let you exit at the top in September? I would really appreciate if you can provide some inputs on the places we are visiting from different cities in the plan above. Please let me know if the plan we devised is doable
Thank you very much !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Rome or Venice first
- 4 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 6 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 Day trip from London in December
- 11 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 12 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 13 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 14 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 15 Loire or Provence in January?
- 16 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 19 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 20 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 23 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 24 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 25 Europe First Timers