We are travelling to Scotland during September for almost 9 days . We are a couple in mid 30's and enjoy nature, adventure & nightlife. We are not interested in museums or any historic sites. Below is the plan that we came up with.
Day 1 – Land in Glasgow in AM, Stay Overnight
AM - Visit Glasgow West end and Byers road (Cab)
PM – Nightlife ( Cab)
Day 2 - Spend Day in Glasgow, Stay overnight
AM – Visit Loch Lomond (Cab)
PM - Nightlife ( Cab)
Day 3 - Train from Glasgow Queens Station to Fort William, Jacobite Train round Trip, Overnight in Fort Williams
Day 4 - Drive from Fort Williams to Nevis Range Mountain Resort, Drive to from Nevis Range to Lochness and Caledonian Canal, Overnight in Fort William
Day 5 - Day trip to Aviemore - Loch of Eilein and Funicular Railway, Overnight in Fort William.
Day 6 - Drive from Fort William to Portree, Isle of Skye via Kyle of Lochalsh (3.5 hours), Overnight in Portree
Day 7 - Drive Old Mon of Storr, Kilk Rock and Fairy Glen, Dunvegan Castle ,Overnight in Portree
Day 8 - Drive to SkyGuides, Fairy Pools and Oyster Shed, Overnight in Portree
Day 9 - Drive from Portree to Fort William via Armadale Ferry (4 hours) . Depart at 11:30 AM , Drop the car, and Take the train to Glasgow ( Train at 2:58 PM reaching Glasgow at 6:15) ) , Dinner at Glasgow
Day 10 - Flight back from Glasgow to United States in AM
We have already made the bookings for Stay, Train and Rental car.
Does the Funicular let you exit at the top in September? I would really appreciate if you can provide some inputs on the places we are visiting from different cities in the plan above. Please let me know if the plan we devised is doable
Thank you very much !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Loire or Provence in January?
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 4 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 Day trip from London in December
- 7 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 10 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 11 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 12 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 13 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 14 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 15 Rome or Venice first
- 16 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 17 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 18 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 23 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 24 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 25 Iceland photo tour- any tips?