My husband and I are making our first ever trip to Italy and we can afford only nine days, excluding travel. So, this is what I've planned after a lot of thinking and research. Please let me know if it sounds practical. Also, if the mode of transport chosen between them works.
Day 1: Arrive in Rome (early morning)
Day 2: Rome
Day 3: Rome
Day 4: Drive to Tuscany all the way to Florence, stopping at the vineyards & villages
Day 5: Florence & Pisa
Day 6: Drive to Verona early & stay the night
Day 7: Take a train (Eurostar) to Venice in the morning
Day 8: Venice
Take the night train to Rome
Day 9: Either Rome or Day trip to Naples
Day 10: We fly back from Rome*
We don't have the choice of flying back from another city.
How does that sound? Please let me know. I wanted to do Amalfi and Sicily and Chainti and Siena... so much sacrifice due to lack of time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lille Braderie 2017
- 2 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 7 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Athens Help
- 23 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 24 Berlin -clubs
- 25 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL