My husband and I are making our first ever trip to Italy and we can afford only nine days, excluding travel. So, this is what I've planned after a lot of thinking and research. Please let me know if it sounds practical. Also, if the mode of transport chosen between them works.
Day 1: Arrive in Rome (early morning)
Day 2: Rome
Day 3: Rome
Day 4: Drive to Tuscany all the way to Florence, stopping at the vineyards & villages
Day 5: Florence & Pisa
Day 6: Drive to Verona early & stay the night
Day 7: Take a train (Eurostar) to Venice in the morning
Day 8: Venice
Take the night train to Rome
Day 9: Either Rome or Day trip to Naples
Day 10: We fly back from Rome*
We don't have the choice of flying back from another city.
How does that sound? Please let me know. I wanted to do Amalfi and Sicily and Chainti and Siena... so much sacrifice due to lack of time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodation Goze and Ostia Antic
- 2 Charming areas to explore in London
- 3 토토총판 노하우 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 4 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 5 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 6 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 7 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 8 Tattoos in Italy
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 11 Another Question re Scotland
- 12 Place to stay
- 13 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 14 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 15 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 16 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 17 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 18 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 19 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 20 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 21 2 weeks from southern italy
- 22 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 23 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 24 travel around Spain
- 25 Guide books for Eastern Europe