My husband and I are making our first ever trip to Italy and we can afford only nine days, excluding travel. So, this is what I've planned after a lot of thinking and research. Please let me know if it sounds practical. Also, if the mode of transport chosen between them works.
Day 1: Arrive in Rome (early morning)
Day 2: Rome
Day 3: Rome
Day 4: Drive to Tuscany all the way to Florence, stopping at the vineyards & villages
Day 5: Florence & Pisa
Day 6: Drive to Verona early & stay the night
Day 7: Take a train (Eurostar) to Venice in the morning
Day 8: Venice
Take the night train to Rome
Day 9: Either Rome or Day trip to Naples
Day 10: We fly back from Rome*
We don't have the choice of flying back from another city.
How does that sound? Please let me know. I wanted to do Amalfi and Sicily and Chainti and Siena... so much sacrifice due to lack of time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dog friendly hotels
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Killarney
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Greek fuel cost
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Walking itinerary in England?
- 8 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 9 First time in Bulgaria
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Cambridge in May
- 15 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 18 Madrid/Lisbon
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 21 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 22 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 23 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 24 Day trips from Florence
- 25 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback