My friend and I are arriving in Barcelona on Friday (different times) at the end of September, and flying out the following Sunday evening out of Madrid. Here's our preliminary Itinerary, and it would be great if we could get feedback on whether it makes sense to include either Cordoba/Grenada/day-trip to Toledo within it.
Friday: Arrive in Barcelona (Booked)
Saturday-Monday: Explore Barcelona
Tuesday: Take a morning flight to Seville (Booked)
Tuesday-Wednesday: Explore Seville
Thursday: Take a day trip to Cordoba or go to Grenada for overnight visit (so we can do the Allahambra)
Friday: Take an evening train to Madrid (or take a morning train, and spend the day in Toledo, with 2 full days remaining to spend in Madrid)
Saturday: Take a day trip to Toledo, and spend the night in Madrid
Sunday: Explore & leave in the evening back to States (Booked)
We are comfortable with our itinerary up until Wednesday, and have designed in a way that doesn't involve too much traveling time. However, we are wondering whether it makes sense to day trips to Cordoba or overnight visit to Grenada, with an evening train in Madrid. We have allocated ~2 days to Madrid, in which we plan to take a day trip to Toledo. Also, it would be great to have feedback if it makes sense to visit Toledo.
Our overarching goal has been to minimize travel time, and see the cities/sights rather than rushing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Praiano
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 8 Help please
- 9 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 14 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 15 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 16 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 17 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 18 Rome to venice
- 19 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Areas in Milan
- 25 Melia Colbert Paris