My friend and I are arriving in Barcelona on Friday (different times) at the end of September, and flying out the following Sunday evening out of Madrid. Here's our preliminary Itinerary, and it would be great if we could get feedback on whether it makes sense to include either Cordoba/Grenada/day-trip to Toledo within it.
Friday: Arrive in Barcelona (Booked)
Saturday-Monday: Explore Barcelona
Tuesday: Take a morning flight to Seville (Booked)
Tuesday-Wednesday: Explore Seville
Thursday: Take a day trip to Cordoba or go to Grenada for overnight visit (so we can do the Allahambra)
Friday: Take an evening train to Madrid (or take a morning train, and spend the day in Toledo, with 2 full days remaining to spend in Madrid)
Saturday: Take a day trip to Toledo, and spend the night in Madrid
Sunday: Explore & leave in the evening back to States (Booked)
We are comfortable with our itinerary up until Wednesday, and have designed in a way that doesn't involve too much traveling time. However, we are wondering whether it makes sense to day trips to Cordoba or overnight visit to Grenada, with an evening train in Madrid. We have allocated ~2 days to Madrid, in which we plan to take a day trip to Toledo. Also, it would be great to have feedback if it makes sense to visit Toledo.
Our overarching goal has been to minimize travel time, and see the cities/sights rather than rushing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 SE ITALY
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 20 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 Uber vs. TfL