Hi All –
2 adult couples (late 50's early 60's) are planning a visit to Sicily end of September 2015 (9 nights, 10 days, including travel days).
We enjoy: good food, good wine, exploring local towns and markets, absorbing local culture and scenery; visiting notable sights to learn about history. Once situated in a city, we will walk and explore, and plan excursions: a bike ride to a destination, a tour of a vineyard, a cooking class/dinner. Everything doesn't have to be 4-star, but budget is not an issue.
We want to balance “we’re only going there once, we don’t want to miss anything” – with taking it slow enough to really enjoy where we are. We hate that scheduled feeling of “time to pack up and move hotels”, so our first pass has us staying in 3 places.
My sister in law's travel agent suggested the following itinerary.
1. Arrive Palermo and stay Palermo (3 nights)
2. Agrigento (2 nights)
3. Taormina (4 nights)
4. Depart Catania airport
5. Also included is a private tour to Siracusa.
From reading here, there may be too much time in Taormina and no reason to stay in the town of Agrigento. We haven’t booked the airfare yet and have flexibility. I look forward to your comments and alternate suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 2 Spain in December
- 3 advance tickets?
- 4 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 5 Cell Phone Question
- 6 Help required with Itinerary
- 7 UK Visa Help
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 13 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 14 Public Transportation in England
- 15 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 16 K-Day
- 17 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 18 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 19 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 20 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 21 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 22 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 23 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
Hi All –