Hi All –
2 adult couples (late 50's early 60's) are planning a visit to Sicily end of September 2015 (9 nights, 10 days, including travel days).
We enjoy: good food, good wine, exploring local towns and markets, absorbing local culture and scenery; visiting notable sights to learn about history. Once situated in a city, we will walk and explore, and plan excursions: a bike ride to a destination, a tour of a vineyard, a cooking class/dinner. Everything doesn't have to be 4-star, but budget is not an issue.
We want to balance “we’re only going there once, we don’t want to miss anything” – with taking it slow enough to really enjoy where we are. We hate that scheduled feeling of “time to pack up and move hotels”, so our first pass has us staying in 3 places.
My sister in law's travel agent suggested the following itinerary.
1. Arrive Palermo and stay Palermo (3 nights)
2. Agrigento (2 nights)
3. Taormina (4 nights)
4. Depart Catania airport
5. Also included is a private tour to Siracusa.
From reading here, there may be too much time in Taormina and no reason to stay in the town of Agrigento. We haven’t booked the airfare yet and have flexibility. I look forward to your comments and alternate suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 3 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 4 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 5 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 6 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 7 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 10 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 11 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 12 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Appenzell in December?
- 17 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 18 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 19 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 20 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 21 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 22 Traveling in Belgium
- 23 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 24 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
Hi All –