I am trying to plan a trip to Portugal with one of my girlfriends in October, and I think we have between 9-10 days. I know that I want to spend a few days in Lisbon (obviously), and then I'm not sure what to do from there. Is Sintra a day trip, or is it worth staying over for a night? If we want to spend a day on a beach and possibly stay overnight, where's the best place for that?
I'm really unfamiliar with Portugal, which is why I want to go.
Looking at a map, it seems that we are going to have to stay in a few different hotels, rather than one hotel the whole time. I'd like to fit in Porto and Coimbra, but also be able to spend some time in Albufeira and Faro. Is that possible?
Any tips that anyone has would be really helpful. Once I'm in a city, I know what there is to do, it's just structuring the trip that I am having a hard time with.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions about Polish sights
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Italy
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 13 Revised itinerary for italy
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 16 Biarritz family holiday
- 17 Lisbon hotel
- 18 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 4 Days in Tuscany
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days