I am trying to plan a trip to Portugal with one of my girlfriends in October, and I think we have between 9-10 days. I know that I want to spend a few days in Lisbon (obviously), and then I'm not sure what to do from there. Is Sintra a day trip, or is it worth staying over for a night? If we want to spend a day on a beach and possibly stay overnight, where's the best place for that?
I'm really unfamiliar with Portugal, which is why I want to go.
Looking at a map, it seems that we are going to have to stay in a few different hotels, rather than one hotel the whole time. I'd like to fit in Porto and Coimbra, but also be able to spend some time in Albufeira and Faro. Is that possible?
Any tips that anyone has would be really helpful. Once I'm in a city, I know what there is to do, it's just structuring the trip that I am having a hard time with.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 7 Cascais or Algarve?
- 8 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 9 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 10 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 11 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 12 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 13 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 14 Azores
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 17 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 18 Scotland in 7 Days
- 19 Short Trip in July
- 20 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 21 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 25 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?