I am trying to plan a trip to Portugal with one of my girlfriends in October, and I think we have between 9-10 days. I know that I want to spend a few days in Lisbon (obviously), and then I'm not sure what to do from there. Is Sintra a day trip, or is it worth staying over for a night? If we want to spend a day on a beach and possibly stay overnight, where's the best place for that?
I'm really unfamiliar with Portugal, which is why I want to go.
Looking at a map, it seems that we are going to have to stay in a few different hotels, rather than one hotel the whole time. I'd like to fit in Porto and Coimbra, but also be able to spend some time in Albufeira and Faro. Is that possible?
Any tips that anyone has would be really helpful. Once I'm in a city, I know what there is to do, it's just structuring the trip that I am having a hard time with.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 2 Facebook@1+800:308:2504 Password ReSet CONTACT T*ech SUPP0RT CaRe
- 3 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 4 Studying art in English in venice
- 5 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 8 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 9 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 16 Trogir or Split
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Edinbrugh
- 19 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 20 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?