I am trying to plan a trip to Portugal with one of my girlfriends in October, and I think we have between 9-10 days. I know that I want to spend a few days in Lisbon (obviously), and then I'm not sure what to do from there. Is Sintra a day trip, or is it worth staying over for a night? If we want to spend a day on a beach and possibly stay overnight, where's the best place for that?
I'm really unfamiliar with Portugal, which is why I want to go.
Looking at a map, it seems that we are going to have to stay in a few different hotels, rather than one hotel the whole time. I'd like to fit in Porto and Coimbra, but also be able to spend some time in Albufeira and Faro. Is that possible?
Any tips that anyone has would be really helpful. Once I'm in a city, I know what there is to do, it's just structuring the trip that I am having a hard time with.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 2 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 3 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 4 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 5 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 6 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 7 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 8 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 9 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 10 4 days each in London and Paris
- 11 A few more questions about Brittany
- 12 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 13 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 19 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 20 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 22 Positano or Sorrento?
- 23 Paris in November
- 24 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 25 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes