I am trying to plan a trip to Portugal with one of my girlfriends in October, and I think we have between 9-10 days. I know that I want to spend a few days in Lisbon (obviously), and then I'm not sure what to do from there. Is Sintra a day trip, or is it worth staying over for a night? If we want to spend a day on a beach and possibly stay overnight, where's the best place for that?
I'm really unfamiliar with Portugal, which is why I want to go.
Looking at a map, it seems that we are going to have to stay in a few different hotels, rather than one hotel the whole time. I'd like to fit in Porto and Coimbra, but also be able to spend some time in Albufeira and Faro. Is that possible?
Any tips that anyone has would be really helpful. Once I'm in a city, I know what there is to do, it's just structuring the trip that I am having a hard time with.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 hill of crosses
- 4 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 5 Planning A trip
- 6 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 7 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 8 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 9 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 12 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 15 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 Italy June 6-16
- 18 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 19 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 20 Austria Trip Report
- 21 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 22 Driving through Paris
- 23 Northern Ireland ideas
- 24 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help