So my husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland sometime between June and August. I hear July and August are much busier with tourist so we may opt for June. This will be our first time in Ireland… our first time in Europe as a matter of fact! We have decided that we want to see Southern Ireland but there is so much to see and I have not a clue where to start!! We will be flying into Dublin from NYC and will most likely be a bit jet lagged and want to stay our first night in Dublin (any must-sees there?? – we will most likely want to walk around and sit in a few pubs-- best pubs in dublin?). We want to wake up early the 2nd day and head on the road… Galway? Clare? Limerick? Doolin? Cork? Kilkenny? Cliffs of Moher are a must. I also heard Dingle is beautiful.
I am just so overwhelmed with options right now! We want to see some beautiful sights but don’t want to end up in over-rated tourist traps. Can you help with some options that would fit in a 7-8 night itinerary?
8 nights in Southern Ireland! I need help!!
- 1 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 2 One more last question on Bayeux
- 3 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 4 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 5 Medieval Tallinn
- 6 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 7 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 12 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 13 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Italian language schools
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 When to visit Provence updated info
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 20 Lucerne & Zurich
- 21 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 22 Trip around Spain
- 23 Venice in Jan
- 24 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 25 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?