So my husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland sometime between June and August. I hear July and August are much busier with tourist so we may opt for June. This will be our first time in Ireland… our first time in Europe as a matter of fact! We have decided that we want to see Southern Ireland but there is so much to see and I have not a clue where to start!! We will be flying into Dublin from NYC and will most likely be a bit jet lagged and want to stay our first night in Dublin (any must-sees there?? – we will most likely want to walk around and sit in a few pubs-- best pubs in dublin?). We want to wake up early the 2nd day and head on the road… Galway? Clare? Limerick? Doolin? Cork? Kilkenny? Cliffs of Moher are a must. I also heard Dingle is beautiful.
I am just so overwhelmed with options right now! We want to see some beautiful sights but don’t want to end up in over-rated tourist traps. Can you help with some options that would fit in a 7-8 night itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Berlin
- 3 Germany or Sweden
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 6 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 PARIS
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Bordeaux to Nice
- 19 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 25 Rome to Venice