So my husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland sometime between June and August. I hear July and August are much busier with tourist so we may opt for June. This will be our first time in Ireland… our first time in Europe as a matter of fact! We have decided that we want to see Southern Ireland but there is so much to see and I have not a clue where to start!! We will be flying into Dublin from NYC and will most likely be a bit jet lagged and want to stay our first night in Dublin (any must-sees there?? – we will most likely want to walk around and sit in a few pubs-- best pubs in dublin?). We want to wake up early the 2nd day and head on the road… Galway? Clare? Limerick? Doolin? Cork? Kilkenny? Cliffs of Moher are a must. I also heard Dingle is beautiful.
I am just so overwhelmed with options right now! We want to see some beautiful sights but don’t want to end up in over-rated tourist traps. Can you help with some options that would fit in a 7-8 night itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 2 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 3 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 4 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 5 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 6 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 7 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 8 Traveling in Belgium
- 9 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 10 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 11 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 12 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 15 Milos beach stay
- 16 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 17 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 18 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 19 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 20 Driving in Wales
- 21 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 22 Christmas Markets 2017
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 25 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition