So my husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland sometime between June and August. I hear July and August are much busier with tourist so we may opt for June. This will be our first time in Ireland… our first time in Europe as a matter of fact! We have decided that we want to see Southern Ireland but there is so much to see and I have not a clue where to start!! We will be flying into Dublin from NYC and will most likely be a bit jet lagged and want to stay our first night in Dublin (any must-sees there?? – we will most likely want to walk around and sit in a few pubs-- best pubs in dublin?). We want to wake up early the 2nd day and head on the road… Galway? Clare? Limerick? Doolin? Cork? Kilkenny? Cliffs of Moher are a must. I also heard Dingle is beautiful.
I am just so overwhelmed with options right now! We want to see some beautiful sights but don’t want to end up in over-rated tourist traps. Can you help with some options that would fit in a 7-8 night itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 2 London Hotel - Different Request
- 3 Iceland trip report!
- 4 Itinery help Crete
- 5 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 6 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 7 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 8 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 9 Threat Level in UK
- 10 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 11 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 12 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 13 Sun loungers and parasols
- 14 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 15 3 nights in Madrid
- 16 Malaga Spain
- 17 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Graz in January
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 TIM in FCO - update
- 22 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 23 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 24 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 25 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris