My husband and I are ending our 3 weeks in Italy in Campania. We will travel from Umbria to Sorrento on May 2. I was planning on taking the train. So far the plan is:
4 nights in Sorrento. No hotel selected yet. Budget around $150 per night. From here we plan to see the AC coast, Pompei and Herculeneum, Sorrento Vesuvius or maybe Paestrum.
2 nights on Capri. Considering Hotel La Tosca. We hope to do some hiking on the island.
2 nights in Naples. We fly home to the US very early on May 10 from Naples. Hotel budget again around $150. We plan on visiting the Archaeological Museum, eating pizza and checking out the Nativity scenes and anything else that catches our eye.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. We do not plan on having a car for this week of the trip.
8 nights in Campania itinerary
- 1 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 2 2 Week European Itinerary
- 3 Amsterdam: Alcoholics Cleaning Streets to Get Free Booze!
- 4 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 5 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 6 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 7 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 8 Family European winter holiday
- 9 More help with housing in Puglia
- 10 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 11 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 12 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 13 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 14 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 15 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 16 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 19 Dresden Train Station
- 20 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 21 rent car / Munich
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 23 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 To Paris and Provence in June