My husband and I are ending our 3 weeks in Italy in Campania. We will travel from Umbria to Sorrento on May 2. I was planning on taking the train. So far the plan is:
4 nights in Sorrento. No hotel selected yet. Budget around $150 per night. From here we plan to see the AC coast, Pompei and Herculeneum, Sorrento Vesuvius or maybe Paestrum.
2 nights on Capri. Considering Hotel La Tosca. We hope to do some hiking on the island.
2 nights in Naples. We fly home to the US very early on May 10 from Naples. Hotel budget again around $150. We plan on visiting the Archaeological Museum, eating pizza and checking out the Nativity scenes and anything else that catches our eye.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. We do not plan on having a car for this week of the trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 2 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 3 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 4 Beaches in Southern France
- 5 Abruzzo region
- 6 cell phone companys
- 7 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 8 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 9 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 10 Guides - Matera
- 11 Open mindedness on Fodors.
- 12 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 13 Spain Itinerary Help
- 14 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 15 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 16 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 17 French lavender and cottages
- 18 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 19 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 21 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 22 Barcelona completely overrated
- 23 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 What am I missing: Amsterdam