My husband and I are ending our 3 weeks in Italy in Campania. We will travel from Umbria to Sorrento on May 2. I was planning on taking the train. So far the plan is:
4 nights in Sorrento. No hotel selected yet. Budget around $150 per night. From here we plan to see the AC coast, Pompei and Herculeneum, Sorrento Vesuvius or maybe Paestrum.
2 nights on Capri. Considering Hotel La Tosca. We hope to do some hiking on the island.
2 nights in Naples. We fly home to the US very early on May 10 from Naples. Hotel budget again around $150. We plan on visiting the Archaeological Museum, eating pizza and checking out the Nativity scenes and anything else that catches our eye.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. We do not plan on having a car for this week of the trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 4 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 5 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 6 London 6 day itinerary
- 7 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 8 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 9 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 10 Bernese Oberland
- 11 Athens tour guide advice
- 12 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 13 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 14 Threat Level in UK
- 15 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 16 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 17 Trip to Switzerland
- 18 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 19 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 20 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 21 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 22 IWM
- 23 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 24 One night in the Dolomites
- 25 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?