My husband and I are ending our 3 weeks in Italy in Campania. We will travel from Umbria to Sorrento on May 2. I was planning on taking the train. So far the plan is:
4 nights in Sorrento. No hotel selected yet. Budget around $150 per night. From here we plan to see the AC coast, Pompei and Herculeneum, Sorrento Vesuvius or maybe Paestrum.
2 nights on Capri. Considering Hotel La Tosca. We hope to do some hiking on the island.
2 nights in Naples. We fly home to the US very early on May 10 from Naples. Hotel budget again around $150. We plan on visiting the Archaeological Museum, eating pizza and checking out the Nativity scenes and anything else that catches our eye.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. We do not plan on having a car for this week of the trip.
8 nights in Campania itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Story of the German Christmas star
- 2 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 3 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 4 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 5 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 6 Three ferries to Mull
- 7 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 8 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 9 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 10 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 11 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 driving in france with kids
- 14 Southern Spain
- 15 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 18 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 19 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 20 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 21 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 22 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 23 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers