My husband and I are ending our 3 weeks in Italy in Campania. We will travel from Umbria to Sorrento on May 2. I was planning on taking the train. So far the plan is:
4 nights in Sorrento. No hotel selected yet. Budget around $150 per night. From here we plan to see the AC coast, Pompei and Herculeneum, Sorrento Vesuvius or maybe Paestrum.
2 nights on Capri. Considering Hotel La Tosca. We hope to do some hiking on the island.
2 nights in Naples. We fly home to the US very early on May 10 from Naples. Hotel budget again around $150. We plan on visiting the Archaeological Museum, eating pizza and checking out the Nativity scenes and anything else that catches our eye.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. We do not plan on having a car for this week of the trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Apartment Montreux area
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Berlin
- 12 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 13 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 17 Lille Braderie 2017
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 24 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 25 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?