My husband and I are ending our 3 weeks in Italy in Campania. We will travel from Umbria to Sorrento on May 2. I was planning on taking the train. So far the plan is:
4 nights in Sorrento. No hotel selected yet. Budget around $150 per night. From here we plan to see the AC coast, Pompei and Herculeneum, Sorrento Vesuvius or maybe Paestrum.
2 nights on Capri. Considering Hotel La Tosca. We hope to do some hiking on the island.
2 nights in Naples. We fly home to the US very early on May 10 from Naples. Hotel budget again around $150. We plan on visiting the Archaeological Museum, eating pizza and checking out the Nativity scenes and anything else that catches our eye.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. We do not plan on having a car for this week of the trip.
8 nights in Campania itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 2 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 5 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 6 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 7 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 8 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 9 Toulouse and beyond -
- 10 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 11 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 12 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 13 Vienna highlights
- 14 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 15 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 16 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 19 Seville hotels
- 20 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 21 Italy
- 22 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 25 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please