My husband and I are ending our 3 weeks in Italy in Campania. We will travel from Umbria to Sorrento on May 2. I was planning on taking the train. So far the plan is:
4 nights in Sorrento. No hotel selected yet. Budget around $150 per night. From here we plan to see the AC coast, Pompei and Herculeneum, Sorrento Vesuvius or maybe Paestrum.
2 nights on Capri. Considering Hotel La Tosca. We hope to do some hiking on the island.
2 nights in Naples. We fly home to the US very early on May 10 from Naples. Hotel budget again around $150. We plan on visiting the Archaeological Museum, eating pizza and checking out the Nativity scenes and anything else that catches our eye.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. We do not plan on having a car for this week of the trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 2 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 3 Spain in November
- 4 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 5 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 6 From Genoa to Rome...
- 7 Munich Under Attack...
- 8 3 Days in Naples...
- 9 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 10 How big backpack do I need?
- 11 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 12 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 13 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 14 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 15 Dentix in Spain
- 16 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 17 First trip - destination advice!
- 18 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 19 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 20 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 21 Stonehenge and Bath
- 22 Path of the Gods Question
- 23 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 24 Should I speculate?
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.