My daughter and I will be arriving in Athens at 9am. We reserved a ferry from Piraeus at 5pm. I could really use some help planning what to do during those hours. Is it realistic to see some of Athens in this timeframe? Where can I leave luggage? And then how much time to I need to get back to the airport to pick up the luggage and head to Piraeus port. Since I need to pick up the ferry tickets from the central office of the ferry company, I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get my act together in Piraeus I'm sure others have had layovers of the same sort - would love some advice or an "idiots 8 hour itinerary".
8 hours in Athens
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 2 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 3 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 4 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 5 Cell phone use in Europe for dummies
- 6 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 7 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 8 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 9 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 10 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 11 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 12 Prague symphony - please help me choose 2 seats
- 13 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 14 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 15 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 16 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 17 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 18 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 19 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 20 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 21 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 22 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 23 Gatwick to Stratford Station
- 24 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip