My daughter and I will be arriving in Athens at 9am. We reserved a ferry from Piraeus at 5pm. I could really use some help planning what to do during those hours. Is it realistic to see some of Athens in this timeframe? Where can I leave luggage? And then how much time to I need to get back to the airport to pick up the luggage and head to Piraeus port. Since I need to pick up the ferry tickets from the central office of the ferry company, I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get my act together in Piraeus I'm sure others have had layovers of the same sort - would love some advice or an "idiots 8 hour itinerary".
8 hours in Athens
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 4 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 7 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 8 Train travel in Europe
- 9 Prague Main Train Station
- 10 Itinerary Questions
- 11 Place to propose
- 12 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 13 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 16 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 17 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 18 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 19 Lake como
- 20 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 21 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 22 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 23 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 24 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 25 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck