My daughter and I will be arriving in Athens at 9am. We reserved a ferry from Piraeus at 5pm. I could really use some help planning what to do during those hours. Is it realistic to see some of Athens in this timeframe? Where can I leave luggage? And then how much time to I need to get back to the airport to pick up the luggage and head to Piraeus port. Since I need to pick up the ferry tickets from the central office of the ferry company, I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get my act together in Piraeus I'm sure others have had layovers of the same sort - would love some advice or an "idiots 8 hour itinerary".
8 hours in Athens
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 2 Burgundy in May
- 3 A Greek sojourn
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 5 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 Weekend in Norfolk
- 8 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 9 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 10 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 11 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 12 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 13 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 17 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 18 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 19 Bregenz or Lindau
- 20 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 21 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 22 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 23 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 24 Winter in Paris
- 25 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report