My daughter and I will be arriving in Athens at 9am. We reserved a ferry from Piraeus at 5pm. I could really use some help planning what to do during those hours. Is it realistic to see some of Athens in this timeframe? Where can I leave luggage? And then how much time to I need to get back to the airport to pick up the luggage and head to Piraeus port. Since I need to pick up the ferry tickets from the central office of the ferry company, I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get my act together in Piraeus I'm sure others have had layovers of the same sort - would love some advice or an "idiots 8 hour itinerary".
8 hours in Athens
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 2 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 3 Why Is Europe Becoming More Prudish? Or Is It?
- 4 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 5 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 6 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 7 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 8 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 9 Change in Travel
- 10 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 11 What to do, what to do... early arrival, late departure
- 12 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 13 Dört Tepeler at Elbeyli, İznik
- 14 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 15 Any other tour/sightseeing sites, besides Viator???
- 16 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 17 Typical where to go honeymoon question. But please help
- 18 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 19 Italy and Greece in 2 Weeks?!
- 20 Getting Around Greece
- 21 Snorkling around Var?
- 22 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 23 Hotels at Lake Garda
- 24 Exhibition of Canaletto's paintings in Aix-en-Provence
- 25 Help with Choice of Greek Islands for Honeymoon