I have two 8-hour layovers in Istanbul. One is during dinner time (5pm-1am) and one is early in the morning (6am-1pm). I've never been and I don't know much about it. Any suggestions for what to do/see on the cheap side? Can I take their train to the center city area from the airport?
8-Hour layover in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Burgundy in May
- 2 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 3 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 4 A Greek sojourn
- 5 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 6 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 7 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 8 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 9 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 11 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 14 Is Venice really dirty?
- 15 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 16 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 17 Weekend in Norfolk
- 18 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 19 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 20 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 21 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 22 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 23 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY