I plan to travel to Italy with my bf (we are in our mid 30) in mid August from 10th to 19th of August. We will arrive by boat to Bari and then we plan a 7-8 days trip by car, passing from Naples, Pozitano, Serpento, Pompei, (I don’t know what other places could be interesting) with final destination Rome. My bf wants to spend 3-4 full days in Rome, check the commercial centers around Rome, as it will be the sales season and we would like to do some shopping, and then head back to Bari to take the boat.
Since it will be too hot, it would be nice to spend a couple of days on the beach in Southern Italy.
I would appreciate your advice on the following:
Travelling from Bari to Rome, what itinerary could we follow for a 4 day trip and where should we spend these 3 nights? We are on a budget, so we looking for more economical places to stay for the night.
Which beaches can we find, not so crowded throughout this itinerary?
What are the best commercial centers around Rome?
Any other advice or suggestion is very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 4 Train travel to and from Paris
- 5 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 8 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 9 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 10 Traveling in Belgium
- 11 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 12 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 13 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 14 Whistle stop family road trip
- 15 Ischia-Thermal Pools
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 18 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 19 Cascais Day Trip - Sunday or Monday?
- 20 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 21 Getting around London
- 22 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 23 Valencia Spain
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 Paris in August