I plan to travel to Italy with my bf (we are in our mid 30) in mid August from 10th to 19th of August. We will arrive by boat to Bari and then we plan a 7-8 days trip by car, passing from Naples, Pozitano, Serpento, Pompei, (I don’t know what other places could be interesting) with final destination Rome. My bf wants to spend 3-4 full days in Rome, check the commercial centers around Rome, as it will be the sales season and we would like to do some shopping, and then head back to Bari to take the boat.
Since it will be too hot, it would be nice to spend a couple of days on the beach in Southern Italy.
I would appreciate your advice on the following:
Travelling from Bari to Rome, what itinerary could we follow for a 4 day trip and where should we spend these 3 nights? We are on a budget, so we looking for more economical places to stay for the night.
Which beaches can we find, not so crowded throughout this itinerary?
What are the best commercial centers around Rome?
Any other advice or suggestion is very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 2 Flora : HP tec^h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:855:999 :8045 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 3 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 4 Threat Level in UK
- 5 IWM
- 6 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 7 One night in the Dolomites
- 8 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 9 Itinery help Crete
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 12 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 13 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 14 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 15 3 nights in Madrid
- 16 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 17 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 18 London 6 day itinerary
- 19 Rome hotel
- 20 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 21 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 22 London Hotel - Different Request
- 23 alcazar question and seville advice
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?