I plan to travel to Italy with my bf (we are in our mid 30) in mid August from 10th to 19th of August. We will arrive by boat to Bari and then we plan a 7-8 days trip by car, passing from Naples, Pozitano, Serpento, Pompei, (I don’t know what other places could be interesting) with final destination Rome. My bf wants to spend 3-4 full days in Rome, check the commercial centers around Rome, as it will be the sales season and we would like to do some shopping, and then head back to Bari to take the boat.
Since it will be too hot, it would be nice to spend a couple of days on the beach in Southern Italy.
I would appreciate your advice on the following:
Travelling from Bari to Rome, what itinerary could we follow for a 4 day trip and where should we spend these 3 nights? We are on a budget, so we looking for more economical places to stay for the night.
Which beaches can we find, not so crowded throughout this itinerary?
What are the best commercial centers around Rome?
Any other advice or suggestion is very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 4 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 5 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 6 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 7 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 8 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 9 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 10 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 11 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 12 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 15 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Another tipping question: concierges
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Interesting places to visit
- 21 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 24 Acropolis Athens
- 25 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station