I plan to travel to Italy with my bf (we are in our mid 30) in mid August from 10th to 19th of August. We will arrive by boat to Bari and then we plan a 7-8 days trip by car, passing from Naples, Pozitano, Serpento, Pompei, (I don’t know what other places could be interesting) with final destination Rome. My bf wants to spend 3-4 full days in Rome, check the commercial centers around Rome, as it will be the sales season and we would like to do some shopping, and then head back to Bari to take the boat.
Since it will be too hot, it would be nice to spend a couple of days on the beach in Southern Italy.
I would appreciate your advice on the following:
Travelling from Bari to Rome, what itinerary could we follow for a 4 day trip and where should we spend these 3 nights? We are on a budget, so we looking for more economical places to stay for the night.
Which beaches can we find, not so crowded throughout this itinerary?
What are the best commercial centers around Rome?
Any other advice or suggestion is very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Baby Milk
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Tour groups
- 6 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 7 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 10 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 15 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 16 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 17 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 20 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia