I hope someone can help me because I feel totally out of my depth.
We will be arriving in Lyon after 20:00 on 30 June. Since we are traveling with our daughter of 9 months we decided to stay over at the airport hotel in Lyon and pick up our rental car on the morning of 1July - around 08:00
From here we must make our way to st Remy where I have booked for 9 nights...
My first question is: what is the best scenic route to get from Lyon to St Remy. We'd prefer to stay off the highways as much as possible.
Check in is only after 14:00 in st Remy so there is no rush.
Once in st Remy, I am clueless regarding what activities/towns I should combine for day trips from st Remy. Seems like there is so much to do, Aix, Arles, Nime, Orange etc and then all the Luberon villages...
I don't want to end up driving in all directions on one day... need to get it sorted out to have a sensible itinerary per day.
I have researched the Luberon towns and when they have their respective market days...
Are all the markets in the Luberon similar, or is it worthwhile to go to several of them?
We love dining, historic sites, shopping, strolling through small villages and taking in the beauty.
Also, if you have suggestions for cooking classes in the area I'd appreciate any advice. So far I haven't managed to find a place that assist me with a half day cooking class.
After st Remy we will have 3 nights in Annecy and 1 night in Geneva before we head home.
Please could you assist me with some suggestions regarding grouping activities/scenic drives/villages/towns etc together per day so that I could structure our itinerary for the first 9 nights in St Remy?
Sent from my iPhone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hotmail mail solutions CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 4 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 5 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 7 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 8 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 9 Paris hotel
- 10 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 14 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 15 Stuck in Paris
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 20 Renting a car in Greece
- 21 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 22 Spain - day driver advice
- 23 Greece
- 24 Ex-pats with young kids
- 25 Iceland france spain