I hope someone can help me because I feel totally out of my depth.
We will be arriving in Lyon after 20:00 on 30 June. Since we are traveling with our daughter of 9 months we decided to stay over at the airport hotel in Lyon and pick up our rental car on the morning of 1July - around 08:00
From here we must make our way to st Remy where I have booked for 9 nights...
My first question is: what is the best scenic route to get from Lyon to St Remy. We'd prefer to stay off the highways as much as possible.
Check in is only after 14:00 in st Remy so there is no rush.
Once in st Remy, I am clueless regarding what activities/towns I should combine for day trips from st Remy. Seems like there is so much to do, Aix, Arles, Nime, Orange etc and then all the Luberon villages...
I don't want to end up driving in all directions on one day... need to get it sorted out to have a sensible itinerary per day.
I have researched the Luberon towns and when they have their respective market days...
Are all the markets in the Luberon similar, or is it worthwhile to go to several of them?
We love dining, historic sites, shopping, strolling through small villages and taking in the beauty.
Also, if you have suggestions for cooking classes in the area I'd appreciate any advice. So far I haven't managed to find a place that assist me with a half day cooking class.
After st Remy we will have 3 nights in Annecy and 1 night in Geneva before we head home.
Please could you assist me with some suggestions regarding grouping activities/scenic drives/villages/towns etc together per day so that I could structure our itinerary for the first 9 nights in St Remy?
Sent from my iPhone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 3 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 4 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 5 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Chania
- 8 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 renting a car in greece
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 22 retruning to US with souveniers
- 23 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 24 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning