Looking for help again... We fly into Bari from Palermo on 19th October and then have 8 days before we fly out of Naples, probably 6 of them with a car.
The first few days are clear - we'll head (via Alberrobello) to Lecce for two nights and then come back to Matera (again for two nights).
Then we plan to visit Paestum. Pompeii and Ercolano and end up in Naples for two nights before we fly out.
So, we take the advice from many that we should visit Pompeii early in the day and here's a possibility...
Friday we leave Matera and have time for a few hours in Paestum in the aftrenoon.
Saturday we spend in Pompeii
Sunday we 'do' Ercolano in the morning and head to Naples airport where we can drop the car and go into Naples to stay.
Monday in Naples - see the museum etc
Tuesday we fly out.
But I do have some questions about this?
Can we get into Ercolano on a Sunday?
Is the archeological museum open on a Monday?
But mostly... where should we stay for those two nights before Naples? I hear that Pompeii is not recommended (except in the very expensive hotels) but we'd like to be there when the gates open in the morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 2 Bruges
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 7 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 8 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 9 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 12 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 13 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 14 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 15 Planning A trip
- 16 A week in the Occitanie
- 17 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 20 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 21 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 24 Train Through Spain
- 25 Destination ideas for 88 year old
8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples