Looking for help again... We fly into Bari from Palermo on 19th October and then have 8 days before we fly out of Naples, probably 6 of them with a car.
The first few days are clear - we'll head (via Alberrobello) to Lecce for two nights and then come back to Matera (again for two nights).
Then we plan to visit Paestum. Pompeii and Ercolano and end up in Naples for two nights before we fly out.
So, we take the advice from many that we should visit Pompeii early in the day and here's a possibility...
Friday we leave Matera and have time for a few hours in Paestum in the aftrenoon.
Saturday we spend in Pompeii
Sunday we 'do' Ercolano in the morning and head to Naples airport where we can drop the car and go into Naples to stay.
Monday in Naples - see the museum etc
Tuesday we fly out.
But I do have some questions about this?
Can we get into Ercolano on a Sunday?
Is the archeological museum open on a Monday?
But mostly... where should we stay for those two nights before Naples? I hear that Pompeii is not recommended (except in the very expensive hotels) but we'd like to be there when the gates open in the morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 5 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 8 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 9 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Trip to Rome
- 12 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 13 Greek Islands (small)
- 14 Spain in December
- 15 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 16 cheap food in london
- 17 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 18 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 19 Eating Indian In London
- 20 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 21 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 Sundays in Puglia
- 24 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 25 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples