Looking for help again... We fly into Bari from Palermo on 19th October and then have 8 days before we fly out of Naples, probably 6 of them with a car.
The first few days are clear - we'll head (via Alberrobello) to Lecce for two nights and then come back to Matera (again for two nights).
Then we plan to visit Paestum. Pompeii and Ercolano and end up in Naples for two nights before we fly out.
So, we take the advice from many that we should visit Pompeii early in the day and here's a possibility...
Friday we leave Matera and have time for a few hours in Paestum in the aftrenoon.
Saturday we spend in Pompeii
Sunday we 'do' Ercolano in the morning and head to Naples airport where we can drop the car and go into Naples to stay.
Monday in Naples - see the museum etc
Tuesday we fly out.
But I do have some questions about this?
Can we get into Ercolano on a Sunday?
Is the archeological museum open on a Monday?
But mostly... where should we stay for those two nights before Naples? I hear that Pompeii is not recommended (except in the very expensive hotels) but we'd like to be there when the gates open in the morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 4 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 5 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 6 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 7 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 10 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 13 2017 Easter in Italy
- 14 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 15 Towersey, London
- 16 Croatia transportation question.
- 17 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 20 Westerplatte
- 21 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 22 Cutback on Spain trip
- 23 Bernina Express mid-March
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples