I'm planning an 8 night trip (total 8.5 days) in Sicily for Mid-May. I wanted to see your take on a my initial stab at an itinerary and modes of transportation. Anything helps thank you!
Day 1) Arrive Palermo airport mid-afternoon (stay in Palermo)
Day 2) Palermo
Day 3) Monreale, Erice (stay in Erice)
Day 4) Erice, Agrigento (stay in Agrigento)
Day 5) Agrigento, Siracusa / Ortigia (stay in Siracusa)
Day 6) Siracusa
Day 7) Either Siracusa, Mt Etna in the AM, Taormina in the PM (stay in Taormina)
Day 8) Head to Cefalu
Day 9) Cefalu to Palermo (and home)
I am thinking of renting a car on my way out of Palermo and then returning back to Palermo to fly out. I am American and have driven in Santorini, but am hoping that Sicilian driving isn't too crazy! (I'm not amazing at directions, are there GPS options?)
What do you think I should add/take away from the itinerary? Is it too rushed?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 3 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 6 Perugia
- 7 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 8 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 9 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 10 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 11 Ronda Wine/biking
- 12 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 15 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 16 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 17 Andalucia itinerary help
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 20 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 21 Day trips from Florence
- 22 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 23 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 24 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city