I am really struggling to choose the best itinerary for our April trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days.
Our daughter is at university in St. Andrews. So we will fly into Edinburgh, immediately drive to St. Andrews and spend the first 3 days there.
We will leave St. Andrews early morning on the 4th day.We want to head out to the Isle of Skye and have that day and the next 2 nights before we head back to Edinburgh for 3 days.
I am a photographer and really want to see a few castles and beautiful scenery along the way.
Any ideas on this? Is it too ambitious? Should we cut Edinburgh to 2 days?
Any ideas on where to stop on the journey from St. Andrews to Skye? Any tips on where to stay in Skye? Any ideas on what would be a good route from Skye back to Edinburgh so that we hit some nice places?
Yes, I am full of questions!!\
I don't need info on Edinburgh of St. Andrews. It's just the time between them that is throwing me off and I really want to make good use of a small amount of time.
Any and all tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Will I need to go through immigration at Heathrow?
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Loire or Provence in January?
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Day trip from London in December
- 17 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 18 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 25 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley