I am really struggling to choose the best itinerary for our April trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days.
Our daughter is at university in St. Andrews. So we will fly into Edinburgh, immediately drive to St. Andrews and spend the first 3 days there.
We will leave St. Andrews early morning on the 4th day.We want to head out to the Isle of Skye and have that day and the next 2 nights before we head back to Edinburgh for 3 days.
I am a photographer and really want to see a few castles and beautiful scenery along the way.
Any ideas on this? Is it too ambitious? Should we cut Edinburgh to 2 days?
Any ideas on where to stop on the journey from St. Andrews to Skye? Any tips on where to stay in Skye? Any ideas on what would be a good route from Skye back to Edinburgh so that we hit some nice places?
Yes, I am full of questions!!\
I don't need info on Edinburgh of St. Andrews. It's just the time between them that is throwing me off and I really want to make good use of a small amount of time.
Any and all tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much time in The Hague
- 2 Lisbon/Porto or Split/Dubrovnik
- 3 AirBNB scam apt in Milan
- 4 Pompeii, Herculaneum
- 5 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 6 a stop along El Camino
- 7 Span Air Controllers' Strike in June
- 8 Package Tours of Normandy
- 9 The First Thing You Do When You Land In Paris?
- 10 Budapest and ?
- 11 What are some great spots for photography along the Lycian Coast?
- 12 Itinerary help! First time to Italy
- 13 Ireland advice
- 14 Can you recommend a hotel in Santorini?
- 15 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 16 Packing as Light as Possible!
- 17 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 18 Italy (or other country) with a baby
- 19 Paris Museum Pass/Free Day
- 20 Multi-Generation Trip
- 21 Experience Greece Online (Video + Stills)
- 22 May 2015 Rome/Florence Trip Report
- 23 Iceland
- 24 Help planning for 8 days Barcelona and Costa Brava.
- 25 La Mouzaia in northeastern Paris