I am really struggling to choose the best itinerary for our April trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days.
Our daughter is at university in St. Andrews. So we will fly into Edinburgh, immediately drive to St. Andrews and spend the first 3 days there.
We will leave St. Andrews early morning on the 4th day.We want to head out to the Isle of Skye and have that day and the next 2 nights before we head back to Edinburgh for 3 days.
I am a photographer and really want to see a few castles and beautiful scenery along the way.
Any ideas on this? Is it too ambitious? Should we cut Edinburgh to 2 days?
Any ideas on where to stop on the journey from St. Andrews to Skye? Any tips on where to stay in Skye? Any ideas on what would be a good route from Skye back to Edinburgh so that we hit some nice places?
Yes, I am full of questions!!\
I don't need info on Edinburgh of St. Andrews. It's just the time between them that is throwing me off and I really want to make good use of a small amount of time.
Any and all tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 3 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 4 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 5 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 6 One July night in Verona - help!
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 9 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 12 Guided Vatican Tours
- 13 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 14 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 15 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Cappadocia in June
- 18 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 19 Lisbon
- 20 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 21 Car insurance in Iceland
- 22 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 23 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 24 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 25 Scotland - We're Here!