I am really struggling to choose the best itinerary for our April trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days.
Our daughter is at university in St. Andrews. So we will fly into Edinburgh, immediately drive to St. Andrews and spend the first 3 days there.
We will leave St. Andrews early morning on the 4th day.We want to head out to the Isle of Skye and have that day and the next 2 nights before we head back to Edinburgh for 3 days.
I am a photographer and really want to see a few castles and beautiful scenery along the way.
Any ideas on this? Is it too ambitious? Should we cut Edinburgh to 2 days?
Any ideas on where to stop on the journey from St. Andrews to Skye? Any tips on where to stay in Skye? Any ideas on what would be a good route from Skye back to Edinburgh so that we hit some nice places?
Yes, I am full of questions!!\
I don't need info on Edinburgh of St. Andrews. It's just the time between them that is throwing me off and I really want to make good use of a small amount of time.
Any and all tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
8 days in Scotland...HELP!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 2 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 3 Sicily - not a trip report
- 4 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 5 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 6 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 7 Fashion for larger man?
- 8 car rental advice in Portugal
- 9 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 10 Fjords, How To?
- 11 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 12 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 13 Duoro river cruises
- 14 What to wear
- 15 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 16 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 17 Budget for 3 Month's
- 18 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 19 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 20 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 21 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 22 Suggestions for trip to England with preteen girls 11 & 13?
- 23 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 24 Traveling in France by train
- 25 Ideas for Scotland trip