I am really struggling to choose the best itinerary for our April trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days.
Our daughter is at university in St. Andrews. So we will fly into Edinburgh, immediately drive to St. Andrews and spend the first 3 days there.
We will leave St. Andrews early morning on the 4th day.We want to head out to the Isle of Skye and have that day and the next 2 nights before we head back to Edinburgh for 3 days.
I am a photographer and really want to see a few castles and beautiful scenery along the way.
Any ideas on this? Is it too ambitious? Should we cut Edinburgh to 2 days?
Any ideas on where to stop on the journey from St. Andrews to Skye? Any tips on where to stay in Skye? Any ideas on what would be a good route from Skye back to Edinburgh so that we hit some nice places?
Yes, I am full of questions!!\
I don't need info on Edinburgh of St. Andrews. It's just the time between them that is throwing me off and I really want to make good use of a small amount of time.
Any and all tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 2 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 3 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 4 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 5 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 6 What type of visa is right for me?
- 7 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 8 Christmas Eve
- 9 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 10 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 11 Paris---baguette question???
- 12 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 13 Olive farm visit in Tuscany - olive harvest, oil pressing
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Glassblowing in Prague
- 16 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 17 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 18 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 19 a loss about Paris
- 20 From Barcelona to Valencia… and the not-quite-beaten path in between
- 21 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 22 Want to meet the locals? Try the bars.
- 23 Spain Andalusia Itinerary Advice
- 24 1 way ticket
- 25 Madrid - time to allow for train