I am really struggling to choose the best itinerary for our April trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days.
Our daughter is at university in St. Andrews. So we will fly into Edinburgh, immediately drive to St. Andrews and spend the first 3 days there.
We will leave St. Andrews early morning on the 4th day.We want to head out to the Isle of Skye and have that day and the next 2 nights before we head back to Edinburgh for 3 days.
I am a photographer and really want to see a few castles and beautiful scenery along the way.
Any ideas on this? Is it too ambitious? Should we cut Edinburgh to 2 days?
Any ideas on where to stop on the journey from St. Andrews to Skye? Any tips on where to stay in Skye? Any ideas on what would be a good route from Skye back to Edinburgh so that we hit some nice places?
Yes, I am full of questions!!\
I don't need info on Edinburgh of St. Andrews. It's just the time between them that is throwing me off and I really want to make good use of a small amount of time.
Any and all tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Original/fake Passports , work permit,etc
- 2 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 3 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 8 seat reservations
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Germany-Car or Train
- 13 Night Bus?
- 14 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 15 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 16 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 17 Andalucia Spain
- 18 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 19 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 20 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 21 Short time in Vienna
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 Jewish Vienna
- 24 My special places in Europe
- 25 Italy in a week