I am really struggling to choose the best itinerary for our April trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days.
Our daughter is at university in St. Andrews. So we will fly into Edinburgh, immediately drive to St. Andrews and spend the first 3 days there.
We will leave St. Andrews early morning on the 4th day.We want to head out to the Isle of Skye and have that day and the next 2 nights before we head back to Edinburgh for 3 days.
I am a photographer and really want to see a few castles and beautiful scenery along the way.
Any ideas on this? Is it too ambitious? Should we cut Edinburgh to 2 days?
Any ideas on where to stop on the journey from St. Andrews to Skye? Any tips on where to stay in Skye? Any ideas on what would be a good route from Skye back to Edinburgh so that we hit some nice places?
Yes, I am full of questions!!\
I don't need info on Edinburgh of St. Andrews. It's just the time between them that is throwing me off and I really want to make good use of a small amount of time.
Any and all tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
8 days in Scotland...HELP!
- 1 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 2 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 3 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 Istanbul Hotels
- 6 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 7 Edinburgh Restaurants
- 8 Driving in Genoa
- 9 Berlin Hotels
- 10 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 11 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 12 York Food and Drink Festival
- 13 Paris metro
- 14 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 15 2 weeks of travel starting in Paris
- 16 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 17 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 18 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 19 Cuenca or Toledo
- 20 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 21 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 22 Backpacking through Europe
- 23 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 24 RHK's heading to Europe
- 25 Tennyson Home