I am really struggling to choose the best itinerary for our April trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days.
Our daughter is at university in St. Andrews. So we will fly into Edinburgh, immediately drive to St. Andrews and spend the first 3 days there.
We will leave St. Andrews early morning on the 4th day.We want to head out to the Isle of Skye and have that day and the next 2 nights before we head back to Edinburgh for 3 days.
I am a photographer and really want to see a few castles and beautiful scenery along the way.
Any ideas on this? Is it too ambitious? Should we cut Edinburgh to 2 days?
Any ideas on where to stop on the journey from St. Andrews to Skye? Any tips on where to stay in Skye? Any ideas on what would be a good route from Skye back to Edinburgh so that we hit some nice places?
Yes, I am full of questions!!\
I don't need info on Edinburgh of St. Andrews. It's just the time between them that is throwing me off and I really want to make good use of a small amount of time.
Any and all tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
8 days in Scotland...HELP!
- 1 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 2 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 3 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 4 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 5 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 6 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 7 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 8 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 9 How early to get to CDG
- 10 Venice in Jan
- 11 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 12 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 13 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 14 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 15 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 18 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 19 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 21 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 22 Prague Main Train Station
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?