Hi fellow Fodorites,
I am traveling to Salzburg, Austria for work in September. Along the way, I'd like to take a few vacation days to do some sightseeing.
Here is a rough itinerary I have worked out. However, I can't figure out what city to visit!! I would love to see Prague, but am worried about going there in August. The thought of rushing around the city for 2 days, while fighting off hordes of (fellow) tourists, frightens me. I don't need to see all the sights, but I'd like to have a pleasant experience!
So I am also considering Munich or Vienna, and am open to other suggestions!
August 31: flight to Europe overnight
Sept 1: arrive around 1pm in _______, check into hotel, do a little sightseeing
Sept 2: sightseeing in _________
Sept 3: sightseeing in _________
Sept 4: travel via train to visit aunt, who lives near Regensburg
Sept 5: Regensburg
Sept 6: morning train to Salzburg, sightseeing
Sept 7: sightseeing Salzburg
Sept 8: Monday, get to work in Salzburg!
I would appreciate your thoughts on the best way to optimize this itinerary. I can shift the Regensburg dates around, but I do need to be in Salzburg by Sept 7.
My interests are architecture and history, more than anything. I also love art but don't intend to spend all my time in museums. I love just walking around beautiful places!
Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 2 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 3 French restaurants
- 4 Azores in February
- 5 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 6 Trains in Alps and UK
- 7 Scotland Trip
- 8 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 11 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 12 Lisbon trip report
- 13 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 14 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 15 Ireland in April
- 16 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 20 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 21 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 22 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 Planning a European Trip
- 25 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
Hi fellow Fodorites,