Hi fellow Fodorites,
I am traveling to Salzburg, Austria for work in September. Along the way, I'd like to take a few vacation days to do some sightseeing.
Here is a rough itinerary I have worked out. However, I can't figure out what city to visit!! I would love to see Prague, but am worried about going there in August. The thought of rushing around the city for 2 days, while fighting off hordes of (fellow) tourists, frightens me. I don't need to see all the sights, but I'd like to have a pleasant experience!
So I am also considering Munich or Vienna, and am open to other suggestions!
August 31: flight to Europe overnight
Sept 1: arrive around 1pm in _______, check into hotel, do a little sightseeing
Sept 2: sightseeing in _________
Sept 3: sightseeing in _________
Sept 4: travel via train to visit aunt, who lives near Regensburg
Sept 5: Regensburg
Sept 6: morning train to Salzburg, sightseeing
Sept 7: sightseeing Salzburg
Sept 8: Monday, get to work in Salzburg!
I would appreciate your thoughts on the best way to optimize this itinerary. I can shift the Regensburg dates around, but I do need to be in Salzburg by Sept 7.
My interests are architecture and history, more than anything. I also love art but don't intend to spend all my time in museums. I love just walking around beautiful places!
Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 3 Shorts in South of France?
- 4 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 5 Camogli and surrounds
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 8 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 9 Route des Vins
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 15 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 limousine services - milan - rome
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 25 Homesaty
Hi fellow Fodorites,