Hi fellow Fodorites,
I am traveling to Salzburg, Austria for work in September. Along the way, I'd like to take a few vacation days to do some sightseeing.
Here is a rough itinerary I have worked out. However, I can't figure out what city to visit!! I would love to see Prague, but am worried about going there in August. The thought of rushing around the city for 2 days, while fighting off hordes of (fellow) tourists, frightens me. I don't need to see all the sights, but I'd like to have a pleasant experience!
So I am also considering Munich or Vienna, and am open to other suggestions!
August 31: flight to Europe overnight
Sept 1: arrive around 1pm in _______, check into hotel, do a little sightseeing
Sept 2: sightseeing in _________
Sept 3: sightseeing in _________
Sept 4: travel via train to visit aunt, who lives near Regensburg
Sept 5: Regensburg
Sept 6: morning train to Salzburg, sightseeing
Sept 7: sightseeing Salzburg
Sept 8: Monday, get to work in Salzburg!
I would appreciate your thoughts on the best way to optimize this itinerary. I can shift the Regensburg dates around, but I do need to be in Salzburg by Sept 7.
My interests are architecture and history, more than anything. I also love art but don't intend to spend all my time in museums. I love just walking around beautiful places!
Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 R@one=Verizon ☎ 1:800:982 :8520 Tec*h SUPPORT CONTACT * 24x7
- 2 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 3 Now to Madrid
- 4 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 5 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 6 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 7 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 8 Sicily: which coast?
- 9 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 12 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 13 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 14 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 3 days solo in London
- 17 Chania
- 18 Edinbrugh
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Help on ancient history route
- 22 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 23 Studying art in English in venice
- 24 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
Hi fellow Fodorites,