My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to Turkey in early November. We arrive Saturday around noon and leave the following Monday around noon (a total of 8 full days with a few extra hours on either end). We want to spend 4 days in Istanbul, but then I really would like to visit Capadocia and Ephesus with the surrounding beaches. The original itinerary was:
Saturday: get to Ataturk, immediately transfer to flight to Izmir, night in Izmir
Sunday: Day trip to Ephesus
Monday: Hang out in Izmir or drive around to the beaches
Tuesday: Midday flight to Kayseri, night in Goreme
Wednesday: Hot air balloon tour + walking around Capadocia
Thursday: Fly to Istanbul in the morning
Monday: Fly home to the states
As we were looking to book internal flights, it seems like by going to all 3 locations, we'll end up spending almost a third of our trip on flights or transfers. We don't want to pack too much in, but also can't tell if it would be a giant mistake to skip out on either Capadocia or Ephesus. Given that it will be too cold to lay out on the beach, we'd probably skip Izmir/Ephesus, but then we'd feel guilty not at least seeing part the beautiful coast. What do you guys think? Is the original plan too much traveling and not enough time to sit back and relax? If we should cut out a city, which should we cut out? And if we cut out a city, what would you suggest as an itinerary?
Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Thinking about the Fjords
- 4 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 5 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 6 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Uber vs. TfL
- 9 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 16 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 21 Athens Help
- 22 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 23 Berlin -clubs
- 24 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 25 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland