My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to Turkey in early November. We arrive Saturday around noon and leave the following Monday around noon (a total of 8 full days with a few extra hours on either end). We want to spend 4 days in Istanbul, but then I really would like to visit Capadocia and Ephesus with the surrounding beaches. The original itinerary was:
Saturday: get to Ataturk, immediately transfer to flight to Izmir, night in Izmir
Sunday: Day trip to Ephesus
Monday: Hang out in Izmir or drive around to the beaches
Tuesday: Midday flight to Kayseri, night in Goreme
Wednesday: Hot air balloon tour + walking around Capadocia
Thursday: Fly to Istanbul in the morning
Monday: Fly home to the states
As we were looking to book internal flights, it seems like by going to all 3 locations, we'll end up spending almost a third of our trip on flights or transfers. We don't want to pack too much in, but also can't tell if it would be a giant mistake to skip out on either Capadocia or Ephesus. Given that it will be too cold to lay out on the beach, we'd probably skip Izmir/Ephesus, but then we'd feel guilty not at least seeing part the beautiful coast. What do you guys think? Is the original plan too much traveling and not enough time to sit back and relax? If we should cut out a city, which should we cut out? And if we cut out a city, what would you suggest as an itinerary?
Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마틴배팅 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 5 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 6 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 9 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 10 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 11 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 12 quickest way to Prague
- 13 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 14 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 15 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 16 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 18 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 19 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 20 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 21 Amsterdam
- 22 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 23 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 24 Train / Calabria
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France