We would appreciate any assistance with our Ireland itinerary.
We will be staying in Ireland for 8 days in early October, arriving early in the morning of the first day. Our plan is to stay in Dublin, and then take a road trip by rental car to the West/South Coast, departing out of Shannon airport.
First, we were thinking of departing Dublin late on the third day or early morning of the fourth day. Which would you recommend?
Which cities would you suggest we overnight (we will stay in B&Bs or the like) in as we make our way around the scenic points and towns of the West/South Coast? We are looking for places with strong culture (e.g. good food, pubs, and music, etc). I have read that Cork, Dingle, Doolin and Galway are strong in this regard. Which scenic points would you visit along the way?
We would greatly appreciate advice on a detailed itinerary.
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 2 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Andalucia itinerary help
- 5 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 6 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 9 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 12 How to rent a car
- 13 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 14 Day trips from Florence
- 15 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 16 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 17 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 Perugia
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Paris in September
- 23 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.