I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 2 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 3 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 What are the best places to see in England
- 6 London hotel
- 7 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 7 days in Greece
- 10 London tube
- 11 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 12 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 London day trips, especially castles
- 16 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 17 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 18 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 19 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 20 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 23 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 24 Swiss rail passes
- 25 Zurich, Switzerland