I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Roma Pass
- 8 Trek through Eur
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 Budapest in December 2017
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 16 London Hotels
- 17 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 Which airport for Bellagio?