I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 Itinerary help...
- 4 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 5 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 6 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 9 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 10 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 11 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 12 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 13 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 A week in Paris
- 18 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 19 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 2 week itinery
- 22 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 23 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 24 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 25 Feedback on Proposed Itinerary