I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 4 Ireland driving itinerary
- 5 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 6 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 7 Naples or Genoa
- 8 Car hire
- 9 Itinerary help please!
- 10 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 11 France to stop making foie grois
- 12 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 13 Holiday Itinerary
- 14 Itinerary Help!
- 15 Visiting the Black Forest
- 16 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 17 Barcelona to Morocco
- 18 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 19 Greece itinerary ideas
- 20 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 21 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 22 Should I speculate?
- 23 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 24 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 25 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??