I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 2 Prague & Croatia
- 3 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 4 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 5 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 6 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 7 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 8 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 9 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 10 Florence airport costumes
- 11 Road trip from Milan Rome
- 12 A few last minute questions
- 13 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 14 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 15 Gluten Free in Italy
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 18 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 19 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 20 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 21 Trip to Spain in the Fall
- 22 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 23 The Bridges of Wroclaw
- 24 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 25 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast