I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 2 italy itinerary
- 3 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 4 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 5 Family trip: Andalucia in November
- 6 Rome Rental Car
- 7 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 8 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 9 5 Days in Corsica
- 10 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 11 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 12 Advice for Ireland Trip (6 days)
- 13 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 14 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 15 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 16 Beaches in Southern France
- 17 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 18 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 19 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 20 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 21 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 22 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 23 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 24 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 25 3 days to spend in europe