I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 How to hire a private cook in Algarve
- 4 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 "Too Much Cows"
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Rome -- The next time around
- 13 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 18 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 19 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Crete Holiday
- 24 Christmas in Italy
- 25 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!