I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sienna with kids
- 2 12 nights in Greek islands
- 3 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 4 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 5 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 6 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 7 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 8 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 9 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 10 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 11 Classical Music in Milan
- 12 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 13 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 14 Paris food tours?
- 15 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 16 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 17 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 18 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 19 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 20 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 21 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 22 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 23 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 24 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 25 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!