I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Seville to Cordoba
- 5 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 6 London Hotel - Different Request
- 7 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 10 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 15 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 16 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 17 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 18 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 19 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 20 Sim Cards
- 21 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 22 London in Winter Report
- 23 Portugal rental car
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan