I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 2 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 3 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 4 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 5 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 6 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 7 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 8 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 9 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 10 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 11 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 12 Traveling in Belgium
- 13 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 15 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 18 Milos beach stay
- 19 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 20 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 21 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 22 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 23 Driving in Wales
- 24 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017