I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 Mama Mia Italy!
- 4 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 5 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 6 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 7 Ireland or Scotland
- 8 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 9 Need help with itinerary
- 10 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 13 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 14 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 15 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 16 R&R in Paris and a little more in the south
- 17 La Sagrada Familia
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 19 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 20 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 21 Do I need train tix in advance
- 22 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 23 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 24 Schengen rule made easy
- 25 Best Berlin neighborhood for lodging?