I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 1 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 2 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 3 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 4 Travel by train or bus
- 5 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 6 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 13 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 14 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 15 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 16 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Planning a holiday
- 19 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 20 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 21 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 22 Advises for trip to Russia
- 23 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Amsterdam, Paris, and Bruges