I will be working in Lugano, Switzerland from June 19-22. I then fly out of Rome on July 2nd, leaving me about 10 days/9 nights to make my way down. I would like to spend about 3 nights in Rome, which leaves me with 6 nights to fill elsewhere. I would like to do a coastal town, either the CT or Amalfi, and then I was thinking either Florence/Venice/Tuscany for the other 3 nights (not in that order obviously). I understand that any more than 3 regions is too much, so I am looking at about 3 nights per locale. My situation is 33 years old, single male, looking for a well-balanced first visit to Italy comprised of culture/history/city/nightlife (Rome), landscape beauty (CT or Amalfi), and then a taste of the small town, loal lifestyle (Tuscany/Florence?)
Comments and suggestions welcome!
8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Unique Venice Activity
- 4 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Chip but no PIN
- 7 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 8 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 9 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 12 car rental advice in Portugal
- 13 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 14 What to wear
- 15 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 16 Small group for Colosseum
- 17 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 18 Lofoten ferry
- 19 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 20 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 21 Duoro river cruises
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?