A "bucket list" wish of mine was to spend 2 months in Europe, the last couple of years we managed 6 weeks at a time but - hard to believe but true! - it STILL wasn't enough time! We had too many 2 night stays and a couple of overnight stays which made the itinerary a little too rushed. This year I wanted to visit Hungary, Austria and Bavaria and the goal was to NOT go crazy and that means long stays in beautiful comfortable apartments in cities for a week at a time, with country breaks and some moving around of no less than 2-3 nights. No one night stands. We ended up in 13 different accommodations in 8 weeks…not bad!
I managed to get Business Class award travel - not into Budapest, but into Madrid! After our week in Madrid we took a cheap Ryanair flight to Budapest.
This was our 4th visit to Madrid, and I'll never understand why some people don't like this wonderful city.
I posted the TR below, and the post with pictures, links, the trip diary and expenses is on http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/7-nights-in-vibrant-madrid/ if you want to take a look at it there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Firt time VISA applicant
- 2 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 3 Need Information about French Alps
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 6 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 7 France Itinerary Advice
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Le Marche Research Help
- 11 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 12 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Public Transportation in England
- 15 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 16 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 17 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 18 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 19 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 20 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 21 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 22 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 23 Sintra
- 24 Venice Bell Tower
- 25 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up