A "bucket list" wish of mine was to spend 2 months in Europe, the last couple of years we managed 6 weeks at a time but - hard to believe but true! - it STILL wasn't enough time! We had too many 2 night stays and a couple of overnight stays which made the itinerary a little too rushed. This year I wanted to visit Hungary, Austria and Bavaria and the goal was to NOT go crazy and that means long stays in beautiful comfortable apartments in cities for a week at a time, with country breaks and some moving around of no less than 2-3 nights. No one night stands. We ended up in 13 different accommodations in 8 weeks…not bad!
I managed to get Business Class award travel - not into Budapest, but into Madrid! After our week in Madrid we took a cheap Ryanair flight to Budapest.
This was our 4th visit to Madrid, and I'll never understand why some people don't like this wonderful city.
I posted the TR below, and the post with pictures, links, the trip diary and expenses is on http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/7-nights-in-vibrant-madrid/ if you want to take a look at it there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 2 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 3 Oporto
- 4 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 5 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 6 Porto and vicinity
- 7 Rome to venice
- 8 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 9 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 10 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 11 help with Italy itinerary
- 12 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 15 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 16 Le Marche Research Help
- 17 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 18 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 19 Krakow to Prague CAR SERVICE
- 20 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 21 Undisclsoed location
- 22 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 23 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 24 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 25 Italy bus or train