A "bucket list" wish of mine was to spend 2 months in Europe, the last couple of years we managed 6 weeks at a time but - hard to believe but true! - it STILL wasn't enough time! We had too many 2 night stays and a couple of overnight stays which made the itinerary a little too rushed. This year I wanted to visit Hungary, Austria and Bavaria and the goal was to NOT go crazy and that means long stays in beautiful comfortable apartments in cities for a week at a time, with country breaks and some moving around of no less than 2-3 nights. No one night stands. We ended up in 13 different accommodations in 8 weeks…not bad!
I managed to get Business Class award travel - not into Budapest, but into Madrid! After our week in Madrid we took a cheap Ryanair flight to Budapest.
This was our 4th visit to Madrid, and I'll never understand why some people don't like this wonderful city.
I posted the TR below, and the post with pictures, links, the trip diary and expenses is on http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/7-nights-in-vibrant-madrid/ if you want to take a look at it there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 4 Sicily help
- 5 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 6 Christmas markets
- 7 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 PARIS
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 November in Rome
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Whathello Paris
- 14 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 15 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 16 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 17 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 18 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Rome -- The next time around
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Transport for local Venice travel
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21