A "bucket list" wish of mine was to spend 2 months in Europe, the last couple of years we managed 6 weeks at a time but - hard to believe but true! - it STILL wasn't enough time! We had too many 2 night stays and a couple of overnight stays which made the itinerary a little too rushed. This year I wanted to visit Hungary, Austria and Bavaria and the goal was to NOT go crazy and that means long stays in beautiful comfortable apartments in cities for a week at a time, with country breaks and some moving around of no less than 2-3 nights. No one night stands. We ended up in 13 different accommodations in 8 weeks…not bad!
I managed to get Business Class award travel - not into Budapest, but into Madrid! After our week in Madrid we took a cheap Ryanair flight to Budapest.
This was our 4th visit to Madrid, and I'll never understand why some people don't like this wonderful city.
I posted the TR below, and the post with pictures, links, the trip diary and expenses is on http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/7-nights-in-vibrant-madrid/ if you want to take a look at it there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Versailles
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 Sicily
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 14 Train help for Prague
- 15 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 16 Germany train help!
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 21 Where to enjoy Paris
- 22 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 23 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 24 Meteora for older folk
- 25 Tours of Versailles, Lyon